Favorite Game and Worse Game on Replay Poker

We all have things that we like and dislike. Replay Poker has added some new games to play. So, the question this week is what games do you like on RP and what games do you dislike on RP and why? Personally, I like playing the NL hold’em games in the Sit and Go Tournaments section because you have the choice to play many types of tournaments with a different number of players at each table. I also like the PKO tournaments in the Multi-Table Tournaments section. As far as the games that I dislike, they are all those tournaments that have over 100 or more players in it that take all day to play. I guess I am not that patient. Ok players, let me know what you think.

2 Likes

I have become addicted to the Marathon Promotions, because they involve playing at three hourly intervals which means I can find games in my time zone which do not get in the way of life!
An added bonus is that they are all holdem or omaha hi/lo games, which are my favourites, and thank goodness no Royal, which is definitely my worse game format!

2 Likes

My favorites are Omaha Hi-Lo & Holdem. And least favorite is Royal, too many folds which for me, makes the game less exciting. I also look forward to the Marathon Promotion each month, where everyone has the opportunity to play in the week 2 tourney for a grand final ticket chance.

2 Likes

My favorite games are the Nordic Warrior League games run by @_Rain . Mix of Omaha Hi Lo and Hold’em and PKO Hold’em. The variety always keeps the games fresh and the people in this league are not only top notch players but extremely fun and witty. I also love team poker with the Dream Weavers run by @SharonSmarty . Totally different mindset and challenge and again a great group of people showing up every night to have fun and to win for their teammates. I do agree with @grapevine the marathons are my favorite non league games by far, big fields and the full range of players on replay. Least favorite I agree with @Litenin I just can’t get into Royal.

2 Likes

Thank you grapevine, Litenin and southwestmba for your responses. I happen to agree also that Royal is definitely not my game either. I lose more chips in Royal than I do in any other game. I, too, love the league games because we are playing as a team and that is fun.

2 Likes

I do enjoy Royal when I get a chance. It is what it is (as they say) and can be fun, if I can find time to do so. But not a priority above the other, game platforms. And I believe, it should always remain as an alternative platform. Sometimes we may get in a long poker drought, and need to play something different.

1 Like

I would have to say… my fav… game on replay… is the barn yard muckers league… ran by mcatts and 12beats22… it is supper completive game…

1 Like

I don’t have a unfav… game…

1 Like

my fav… game that any one can play on replay is the American games… they have a 5k and a 20k game ever day… and their own leaderboard… and some seriouse players their that make that leader board ever mo… like tom kat and snitty… if you want to make that leader board… dont miss many games… and bring your A game…

1 Like

Thanks, Jedwins,

For a long time, I played both everyday for the tourney pay & mainly the leaderboard. I highly recommend the American Tourney’s !!

1 Like

I enjoy all the games. I like the marathons, and i play the pko’s when i have a ticket.

Straight Texas Holdem, real deals. real hands, true hand percentages. Nothing fancy,

1 Like

if you have the time , the leagues at the promotions is a good way to go, like the American games for instance.
My fav at least last year was the Opal gemstone league, a weekly payout for 250k buy in T’s, whereas your 1st 7 and/or top 7 of the week payout free chips which is sweet.
This year I haven’t been playing enough to compete.:frowning:

1 Like

Widow’s Bite MTT. The 5M buy in and huge top prize give game play a different dynamic. Aside from 50k/100k and up on ring games, it is the only game I’ve found on RP where you can really bluff and have it mean something approximating real cash poker.

Even in 1M tourneys, people get sticky and you are kind of forced to play like a nit a lot of the time. With 5M on the line and 100M or more up top, Widow’s Bite is the only regularly running MTT where even high ranked players actually care about the consequences… which is a prerequisite for playing a real poker strategy!

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I especially like the PKO Tournaments, and hate the long games because Replay has such generous late reg times. I try to enter smaller tournaments,say 50 to 60 players, but with the late registrations it usually ends up with 90 to 100 players. I don’t know why they have to have late registrations for open tournaments like this, And it could be me, but the late regs seem to go beyond the time limit allowed.

1 Like

I like the stud hilo freeroll due to the large field of players, I’m usually more chuffed getting to a final table than in any of the higher buy ins :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with you Younguru.
Another nice tourney is Saturday Night Fever, with a 2.5mil buy in.
Sadly, it’s only on Saturday, but they do run two of them now.
One time I won that tourney which was awesome since it paid nearly 30 mil.
I don’t like the American tourney’s since it’s too cheap with way too many players, I believe they give those 20 minutes for late registration for some reason.

1 Like

Thank you Litenin, jedwins, zollypops, TheKnutts, Youngguru, swamptrash, Doc_Adams and 77MIKE33 for your responses. I have been trying to play at least one different catagory of poker a day. I have truly enjoyed playing all of them. Again, thank you all for your answers. Good luck on the tables.

1 Like

I have to give a shout out to the promotion St Patrick’s Day Saintly Skirmish which I found really enjoyable, and had the added bonus of being able to play 2.5k holdem games on the sit and go tables throughout the day. I usually avoid Sit and Go, but realised that it is a very useful format as the games are much shorter than the MTTs and fit into the day’s schedual much more easily.
It was great fun and I will look forward to having the luck of the Irish next year!

1 Like

Understand that, however very glad we are like snowflakes & different. I love the challenge of just reaching the final table in any game, with one or two hundred players. It helps me personally to practice my patience, discipline & faith to reach that goal. Great Post and tyvm. GL at the tables, my friend and everyone & always have fun !!