CONTEST - How skilled do you consider yourself to be?

I’m between amateur and seasoned. I can hold my own pretty well, but I have to learn to be less impetuous. Comme a l’echec, au poker la patience est devise. As in chess, in poker patience is a prerequisite.

Amateur. Love to play. Get frustrated at on-line know-it-alls and ATM players.

I do OK. Most of my success can be attributed to the poor play of others.
Online free poker is a whole different animal than money poker.

1 Like

amateur because it is alifetime achievement to be a skilled player

I guess I might be a seasoned amateur. I do well enough to win some and lose some. I try to have fun while I play. I’m glad there is an interesting site like Replay for me to enjoy. $9.99 for a million chips? I just bought chips for the first time since I joined the site. Lol.

I consider myself to be a seasoned player. I’ve been playing poker for more than 40 years. I’ve won a lot of money and lost even more. There is a Hugh difference between playing poker live for money and playing online for play chips. This site is very useful for teaching patience and developing strategies on how to deal with different types of players and unfavorable situations.

Definitely amateur got to get more discipline lol I find majority of players are friendly and enjoy my time on here gl 2 all

C amateur verging on D expert
A player never stops learning and mastering the game. For me calculating pot odds and betting the right amount according to ones position are the most important skills one can master…

1 Like

C is OK for me…

Judging by player chat, I’m just good enough or bad enough to irk other players.
I call that a win.

um otimo jogador, so preciso de sorte.

translation : a great player, I just need luck

i’d do a lot better if i didn’t get so many “trap” handsNever seen so many lately. that being said, i can hold up to the best of players and have shown it,but still always something new to learn,thank you!

B seasoned. Unfortunately, each and every hand is dictated by the cards that form the flop. One can quickly go from expert to novice if they cannot control the wagering.

I’M slowly learning the ropes, have a little run than overplay a hand and feel like I’m back to the beginning but mainly here because of my enjoyment of the game Thx Replay for the fun.

I guess B - seasoned, though I know all the high-level strategies, I don’t always use them. Don’t know if I’ll ever consider myself an expert, because there is always more to learn and ways to improve my game. Personally, I’d rather let others rate me.

1 Like

Nope Not a pro, not a beginer, Just in it for Fun!

greetings … I am new to poker since May 2018, i spent all summer studying, maybe 10+ hours a day… i read 19 poker books, viewed a zillion videos, joined APT, UPSwing and numerous other training programs, watched PokerGo and Twitch pros… bought many many poker software & huds
i consider myself amateur that needs to put in time actually playing to get a zillion hands experience
i play for money on PStars, 888, Party and ACR… I lose more than I win but trying get better and more experience
Poker is so exciting! almost as good as sex lol

Seasoned. However there are a lot of idiots on here that just throw money around and making playing less than enjoyable at times.

Hard to say. I’m probably an amateur, but it depends on who’s at the table :slight_smile: I started playing with baby in tow about three years ago, and fell in love with the game (I think maybe my soon to be three year old will be the poker pro). It’s probably a good thing that playing for cash online in the U.S. is obsolete. I’d probably be in trouble. Though I’d like to think it could have turned into a part time career. I really got into it in the beginning. I flipped through poker books at barnes and noble, I youtubed poker tournaments and watched players from decades ago. And then I sat at a real table and freaked out. I wasn’t playing with much money, and I assumed everyone was bluffing. It wasn’t as much fun, until I beat a flush with quad 7s. I was the only woman (and like 9 months pregnant at the time) at that table, and the older man I beat looked horrified. I remember he said, good thing you weren’t playing with much money. And he’s right. I took it All In, all of my twenty dollars. I took a long break from poker. I found out you can get rusty. I had to learn how to count again. I’ve been playing for over 60 days straight now, and I’m remembering how good it feels to win a hand, and to lose a hand to a worthier hand.