Who are your friends? What is community to you?

Just recently, I was playing a night game and a severe thunderstorm rolled in.
In my small town, when the lightning begins to flash, it is not long before the power goes out. as a matter of course, I informed the rest of the players at the table that I might be knocked off the Internet in the coming storm.
Imagine my surprise when every single player at the table expressed their concern and hoped that I would be safe.
Yes, there were those who knew that I was disabled and alone. But others didn’t.
These were my friends.

The Anhaga.

6 Likes

Well, I have just sent you a friend request as I would be happy to be included. We have played together many times and you are respected on the tables. Very pleased that your fellow players appreciated you too.

1 Like

Thank you so much.

I would be honored to call you my friend !!!

Request inbound !

Craig

1 Like

I just sent you a friend request Anhaga74 :grinning:

Replay Poker has a great community! I’ve met a lot a great people since I joined Replay Poker almost 2 years ago! There are a lot of good , caring people in the Replay Poker community!

I have that problem, out in the boondocks here we lose power quite often. It sucks when your in the middle of a tournament but there’s not much we can do about it.

1 Like

[quote=“grapevine, post:2, topic:6738, full:true”]
Well, I have just sent you a friend request as I would be happy to be included.[/quote]
Awww:).

Was good you were on a table with some of the nice players because they are outnumbered by the 70% of not nice ones.

1 Like

Yes, many of us are greedy and selfish, caring little for anything but increasing our accumulation of ego points…

Anhaga–
I checked out your Player Profile and saw that you are AWESOME! Hope you will accept my friend request. I, too, was a teacher at one time–in fact, the best time in my career.
Big hugs,
Jan from California
(JanCee)

Ditto. Only in the rainy season, though. 9 out of 12 months where I live! Jan

70% not nice ones… put a different way , but same meaning.

1 Like

Who are your friends?

My friends are those who know they can ask me for anything, but never do.

What is community to you?

To me, a community is a group of people who can put aside their differences in order to make the community stronger as a whole. In the context of this forum, it’s helping other players improve their game so they can get more enjoyment out of it, and also pointing out problems which, if corrected, will result in a better site.

By the way, problems are a good thing. Detected problems are opportunities for improvement, and solving problems that your competition ignores is the path to competitive advantage. This translates directly to increased market share and, ultimately, domination in their field.

4 Likes

Cell Block D in Attica was a community…

1 Like

Well said !!!

1 Like

Image removed by sender.

http://forums.replaypoker.com/u/sunpowerguru SunPowerGuru
July 2

Who are your friends?

My friends are those who know they can ask me for anything, but never do.

What is community to you?

To me, a community is a group of people who can put aside their differences in order to make the community stronger as a whole. In the context of this forum, it’s helping other players improve their game so they can get more enjoyment out of it, and also pointing out problems which, if corrected, will result in a better site.

By the way, problems are a good thing. Detected problems are opportunities for improvement, and solving problems that your competition ignores is the path to competitive advantage. This translates directly to increased market share and, ultimately, domination in their field.

Please forgive my response, but the storm took out my router and I have not been able to talk to any of you. right now, I am committed to thank all of you personally for your concern for this old man. (Lol).

3 Likes

Thank you. I apologize for the delay in responding, but the storm took out my router.

1 Like

Okay, Marc.

Thank you so much, Jan.

1 Like