Your Replay Poker Friends

Some of us have many Replay Poker friends and some have none. I like having lots of friends because these are the people with whom I can exchange messages. Also, it’s easy to find them again for new games as Replay Poker shows which of my friends are playing at any given time.

I tend to send friend requests to someone who has been funny and gracious during a Multi-Table Tournament. When I receive a friend request, I usually look for evidence that the person is someone I’ve been at a table with before–or that we at least have mutual friends.

How do you decide when you want to send a friend request on Replay Poker? And–from the other side–how do you decide when to accept a friend request?

4 Likes

I use the same criteria as you Jan…it is a bit harder to send request now and hoping they change that soon.
gl at the tables,
Nic

2 Likes

I only accept requests from people who have filled in some “about me” details on their profile as I like to know a little about the people who request my friendship.

5 Likes

UHHHH…how do you know what they post is true? lol

1 Like

If someone is chatty and has a good sense of humor I will send a friend request. If I get a request I check their profile to see when they joined and who they have for friends , if they are new players I most likely will accept request , I put a note on them saying they are new . If I get a request from a male who only has females as friends I decline … I am here for poker and fun not to be part of a harem or to make some dude feel good about himself for having so many female friends.

4 Likes

True. Harems just aren’t my thing. lol

2 Likes

I accept friend requests from anyone, and I send them to players I’ve seen at the tables a few times, and I enjoyed playing against them. If I found that they played well, and were a challenge, and I admired their play, I send them an invite.

1 Like

I no longer send friend requests because once I got above 2000 I found they wouldn’t load within a reasonable time (over 5 minutes at times) and the search box is disabled until they load in the bottom right of your dashboard.
I thought about unfriending 1000 or so to see if it helped but nah.
That said, if I receive a friend request and their profile looks legit I’ll accept it.
Kate (grapevine) has the right idea on vetting people that send FRs because now that Replay is getting more and more popular the spam/scam is starting to creep in.
I’ve received a few lately from some beautiful “woman” wanting to “get to know me”.
The 1st time I was kinda flattered and then came to my senses once I remembered my profile pic or noticed they’ve never played a hand :rofl:… now I just report them to support.

3 Likes

That’s funny b/c I copied my friend and Dream Team partners @Tiggy … I thought that others might see me as a cute and kind Goat

4 Likes

I am relatively new to Replay and would love to have more friends. I have a few. I have sent out a couple of requests from people I have chatted with on site and have not heard back. I know when I am on a site and everyone knows everybody and gl everyone but me and a couple of others it makes you want to slide right out of your seat as if you have invaded their home by mistake of course- simply not welcome. So for newbies, that is how I feel at least for me.-thanks.

1 Like

Hi Vickik, welcome to the forum.
I had a look at your Dashboard profile, and see you have left the “about me” option blank. In my experience people who have received friend requests go to read a little about who has requested them. Perhaps if you could write a little bit about yourself then more people would respond,
Best of luck :blush:

4 Likes

ok… I will do that, just did not feel I was very interesting or had too much to add… thanks

1 Like

Welcome to Replay. There are a lot of great, friendly people on this site, so I’m sure you’ll quickly make friends. Some people don’t check their friend requests very often, so you might want to let people know you are sending a request. Good luck :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thanks

Goat, I read your bio while I was have a terrible poker game so instead I chose to sit out so I could read your bio undisturbed…I was fascinated. I loved the part about traveling and meeting strangers-did you keep any notes? planning on writing a book? I just thought that was the coolest,scariest thing to ever do. Kudos to you! Now if you write back and say you were just joshin then I would say to you, you are still a good story teller. :wink:

2 Likes

Hello … Before I wrote my own Bio I did as a joke copy @Tiggyxxx … But yes my adventures thru life are true and on my trip around the country there were a few “scary” situations … Not everyone you meet in life is on the up and up … Over time I acquired a fair amount of “street smarts” and when needed would remove myself from an unwanted situation calmly … If not RUN lol … Thankfully these were few but did occur … For the most part “street people” are genuine and kind hearted and take care of each other … It is the punks you have to keep your eyes on … I did publish an E-Book of my Poetry … That was available until a few years ago b/c I let it lapse but I may republish it this fall

Thank-you for your kind words and enjoy your time on Replay

Take Care and God Bless … The Goat :slight_smile: :goat:

5 Likes

@vickik1117 a warm welcome to Replay, have sent you a friend request, if we are ever at the tables I will chat, lol at times you cant shut me up. You will be surprised at how interesting you are, everyone no matter who they are interesting :slight_smile: I met a friend for life @Goatsoup here on replay and I drive him nuts. I am very random I win loads of chips then have a Gin and Tonic (well more than 1) and tilt. look out for the regular promotions they have here on replay as they are a good way to meet people and they are a great crowd you play them. I put my trainers in the dishwasher, add chives to my drink instead of mint, but no matter what I wake up and smile every day (with a hangover) as tick made it xx be you and only you and love replay as its amazing as got me through COVID xx

2 Likes

Every person is unique in their own way. Some shy, some chatty but everyone has a story to share if they want. Sharing is caring. Welcome

3 Likes

Friends, where would one be with out friends? Friends can be closer than family at times. Have met many great folks on Replay & is nice to chat & invite to the many poker game tables here.

Once read this :"The first person who comes in when the whole world has gone out. True friendship delights in deeds more than in words — coming unasked in times of adversity. A true friend never forsakes us, not even when we forsake ourselves. True friendship abides, in sunshine and in storm. When the whole world has gone out, this loving Friend will love you still. ~J. L. Harbour, “When the World Has Gone Out,”

5 Likes

Tiggyxxx you are funny and seem to be a very warm friendly person. It sounds like you are living your best life which is what what we all strive to do. Hopefuly Covid is winding down and we can all relax a bit(just a bit) but always keeping our guard up. Cheers to you and best of luck to you at the tables.

1 Like