What is your favorite Christmas movie?

for my part, I’m not really a Christmas movie fan, I have the impression that they’re all the same, with the same theme of romance, before I liked it but now not so much

3 Likes

Getting Boris Karloff to sing puts this over the top.

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Die Hard of course…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Karly-chan - you’ve been watching the wrong movies! :slight_smile: Okay so, yeah, “A Christmas Carol” can only be recycled so many times before it gets old. Ask any TV comedy writer. Oi. That said…

It’s a Wonderful Life - hands down. I watch it every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas. (It was never intended as a “Christmas movie” but it certainly is now.

Honorable mentions go to

Elf - I just like the story.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. - Randy Quaid steals the show. Oh! And the cat. The cat definitely.

1 Like

Hi Boonie ^^
I must probably be watching the wrong TV channel because before the Christmas movies it was really magical

Yeah, I don’t watch “TV” these days as I scan for what looks good and the pickings are few. I have “Wonderful Life” on DVD. As for the rest? Meh.

I keep vacillating on “A Christmas Story” as I have a like/hate thing going on with that one. It seems to be growing on me.

1 Like

For the longest time I thought it was Karloff - turns out it was a dude named Thurl Ravenscroft. They say he was accidentally left off the credits, which led everyone to believe Karloff was singing. So raise a glass to good ol’ Thurl Ravenscroft this Christmas for voicing one of the most well-known and beloved Christmas songs ever!

3 Likes

A Christmas Carol starring Patrick Stewart is The BEST.

SCROOGED

DIE HARD

THE SANTA CLAUSE

:christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

It’s A Wonderful Life, (and also set at Chrismas) Eyes Wide Shut, and Die Hard

Never thought of Eyes Wide Shut as a Christmas movie. Most of what I remember of the movie is the controversy that surrounded it and how I felt it didn’t really live up to the hype. Oh and Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.

1 Like

EWS certainly didn’t live up to the hype; but has a few interesting (to me) sequences, and lots of nice Christmas decorations.
it’s surely not a Christmas movie per se, but neither is Die Hard.
I wondered if I should include them, but couldn’t think of any others w/ a Christmas setting I liked (at all). I tried to watch a bit of Elf again last night; kinda funny and I like the cast, but I didn’t stick w/ it

I’ve a few.

Bad Santa and Bad Santa 2

The Ref

Office Christmas Party

Trading Places

Edward Scissorhands

How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey

1 Like

It’s an action movie :slight_smile:

Jingle All the Way … with Aaaanold. & Sinbad and many others. the best. Put those cookies down! Nobody wants Booster!