Try to build your way of thinking

If you really want to get better at poker, you should actively learn it through various means of teaching. However, it takes lot of time and efforts and many of us are here to enjoy poker and get some wins here and there. There are three things you must keep in mind at all time and it will help you to decide what you should do with your hole cards.

1. You do not know what others have on their hands. You often get excited when you think you have a good hands, it can change quickly after flop if you do not careful about your betting. If you are not sure, just wait and see other player’s betting behavior. It will tell you bit more information.

2. You do not know what will come out as community cards. We tend to over bet if you have some kind of draw or possible gut shot. You will never know what comes next. You must carefully calculate your odds and equity before you act on it. Draw sometimes kills you by small margin.

3. There are no grantees in pre-flop situation. Even if you have pocket A, you may loose. Learn how to play good hands. In this case, you might have to refer to GTO chart, or maybe you have played long enough to set your own way of dealing with it, But for beginners, it is good to see how other bet or play on your table before you jump to conclusion.

These are some of my tips for those who want to play casually but better. I keep these points in my mind and it brings me to some of good results. I hope you all have fun with poker and may be we will meet in real world as a competetor and win some real money…

As you think so you become!

Bruce Lee, the legendary martial artist, actor, and philosopher, left behind a wealth of wisdom that transcends martial arts and applies to various aspects of life. If he were to play poker, here are some insights he might share:

1. Balance Your Thoughts with Action: Bruce Lee once said, “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” In poker, overthinking can lead to indecision. Trust your instincts and take calculated risks.
  2. Don’t Fear Failure: Bruce believed that low aim, not failure itself, is the real crime. In poker, it’s essential to attempt bold moves—even if they fail—because that’s where growth and learning occur12.
  3. Adaptability: Bruce Lee famously said, “Be water, my friend.” In poker, adaptability is crucial. Read your opponents, adjust your strategy, and flow like water—changing your approach as the game evolves.
  4. Mindset Matters: Bruce emphasized mental strength. In poker, maintaining a positive attitude, even during losing streaks, is essential. Remember, obstacles can be stepping stones if you choose a positive mindset1.
  5. Knowledge and Character: Bruce Lee valued both knowledge and character. In poker, study the game, learn from mistakes, and maintain integrity. Respect your opponents and play with honor1.
  6. Consistency Over Intensity: Bruce believed that long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity. In poker, steady, disciplined play yields better results than sporadic bursts of aggression1.
  7. Accept Defeat Gracefully: Bruce Lee said, “Everyone wants to learn how to win, but no one wants to learn how to accept defeat.” In poker, resilience after losses is crucial. Learn from setbacks and keep playing1.

Remember, Bruce Lee’s wisdom extends beyond martial arts—it’s a mindset for life. Apply these principles to poker, and you’ll play not just with skill, but with wisdom and resilience.

4 Likes