This sites best player?

Exactly, that is what i am saying. I only take out my BIG credit card for very small cash games lol.

Did not know that TY…I know, with over 400,000 players the only way to determine who is the best player is awwww a tournament for ALL of us with equal starting chips but that is only best (and lots of luck ) for one tournament…You see world series tournament once a year in Vegas? usually a un-know wins it now. I still remember watching i think Jamie Goldberg win it about awww 12 years ago and he is BAD at poker but had a couple of very lucky days…After that he was invited to big games and donked all his winnings off to real pros lol.

1 Like

@bill8888

I agree. I noticed you’ve been here about 1 year. I’m a big fan of the annual RPOS Tournament series. If you’re unfamiliar with it, it’s held between Aug. - Oct. ending with a Final Hold’em Table game. The preliminaries to qualify offer I believe every type of game offered here on Replay and all you have to do is win at least one of them.

It’s always been very competitive to make it to the Final Table. The series format kind of reminds of the WSOP and I really wish more players would participate.

I hope you consider it.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, i did not know about this.

@smooth99 Which criteria do you think would determine the Best Player?

Even if we could all agree on the best criteria to determine the best player, I believe it would change every day because of all of the factors, anyone here could be the best player at anytime depending on the definition of best player.

1 Like

I really don’t know.

I think calculating your % won to total number of hands played given that you’ve played a certain number of hands (> 250k) would be an indicator but, I’m uncertain if it would mean you’re the Best Player on here. These stats can be found under each person’s statistics page. Chezecow’s stats from the above post is very impressive.

I’ve always liked the annual tournament concept of the RPOS because you can’t BUY into this tournament instead, you have to earn a seat for the Final Game. At least one can say they were the Best Player for that year.

Btw, I’m not minimizing the Toplist rankings but, the rankings do change from year to year except maybe for that FcHaarlem guy. But, I’ve noticed he’s been overtaken in a couple of categogies which he had dominated since I’ve been on here.

2 Likes

That is hard as we (me ) play MANY heads up, with 3, 4 6 or 9 players and all games and u play MANY more hands with a couple of players etc. and also play tournaments.

1 Like

I personally don’t believe anyone can say a certain player is the best, due to all of the different combinations you mentioned and many more. I also think there is more to being the best player than that players daily ranking, from the site. Sometimes the best player is the one that we learn from and enjoy the fellowship on any given day.

1 Like

The best player is the one that doesn’t go on tilt after a loss and tries to use that loss as a learning tool to not repeat the same mistake.

2 Likes

The Top Lists for MTTs actually has a pretty good way to tell who is playing best. Year (Your Top 100 scores) Month (Your top 20), and Weekly (Your top 10) ranks by tournament points earned. Buy in level and tournament sizes get some what normalized. If you win a number of large tournaments your score reflects it. Now that only applies to MTTs but the raw numbers are on every player Statistics page.

Everyone has to remember that it’s not an exact science on who’s the best player on the site.

2 Likes

A lot depends upon what games you’re talking about. Many are great cash game players, but not tournament players, and visa versa. Some are stud players, holdem players, omaha players, sit n gos, etc. and some just focus on one type of game, and some are very good at a variety of games. An example among professionals is Daniel Negraneau who is admittedly not a heads up player. Having said that, here on Replay Goatsoup is about as good as it gets, although I don’t know how many variety of games he plays.

2 Likes

I play with @goatsoup in a medley league formed by snowman and Chris, called the Wildhorses we play all the games, from Hold’em to Royal and everything in between, Chris and Norris both excel in all games, check it out if you want to play with some of the best players on Replay in a mixed platform.

Is he the best, I don’t know but I got tired reading all the titles he has won on Replay. It was exhausting the list goes on and on in his profile, I have only been here 7 months, but I am a numbers guy, I looked into the top tier players here like @AA–Suited, and others, all great players, I would put the goat up there for sure, and every time I beat him, I get to loosen the strap on my protective helmet a little more.

6 Likes

dont forget I Adopted him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the real question is how many chips did these players buy to stake themselves because it is statically impossible to reach such numbers starting with the “Beginner” chips Replay gives you. And of course such players getting millions of chips in 10 days or a few months would be making real money in actual real money tournaments. So I am skeptical about these players. Sounds good, doesn’t quite pass the smell test without more information.

I buy chips @Goatsoup does not yeah he might loose some but he never buys

3 Likes

@Centurion

Read the link in the 2nd post in this thread.

But, I noticed he has been missing lately.

A person can be very good at 7 stud (like me) and be below average at Omaha (like me) and we know daily rankings mean little so i say just ENJOY and have fun:).

1 Like

Very good point !

Well said and on any given day, I believe we all are very good in different poker formats. That’s what makes the games of Poker so interesting and Fun :smile:

1 Like