The difference in player strength examined

I have spend over 200 dollars on chips. The reason was I don’t like playing low stake and want to move up the rank as fast as possible!

3 Likes

Thanks for your honesty. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Spending money on chips is nothing to be ashamed of. Besides I am contribute money to my favorite hobby. Replay poker needs money to survive and instead of everyone complaining, “this site is outdated and we need new feature?” If we all just contribute 100 dollars, replay could then hire more computer savvy personnel and give us what we want.

1 Like

I’m not in the top 100, and never will be, but I bought $20 worth of chips when I started here. This got me out of the lowest stakes/buyin games, and was well worth the small investment.

I personally think. Idiotpolayer is the best, I am second and Enryu a player some of you might not know is probably third!

Aww, @Ilovecat, I don’t even merit an honorable mention? I’m crushed.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:joy:

As someone ranked around 40, i feel like the OP is making a direct shot at me.

Of course the fact that I don’t play any better now than i did when i was at 200 is beside the point.

LOL, no I am not directing anything at you. Please don’t take it so seriously. I am just trying to make point. The top three players on replay is so much better than the rest of the field its almost like David vs Goliath.

You do realize that didn’t end so well for Goliath, right? :slight_smile:

Probably oughta rank tourneamt and sng players separately from ring players…

Tournamet is a different animal from ring…

1 Like

I do agree most players with a great rating are good player’s the problem is rates can be bought for cash, A wealthy newbie who has played poker once can buy the #1 rank should they choose. Just enjoy the game and don’t worry about the 20 billion chips

2 Likes

A Player can be aware of which opponents there are in Sng’s & Ring games before joining if they wish.Then Pick a Game by a variety of factors. A Large Tournament brings Fate to You and Your Game. When One plays a Tourney like the Deep and Slow Tournament they know it will be 3 Hours minimum to reach the chips against a Score of Solid Players. With that many Hands played - the Difference in Player Strength is Fully examined in My humble opinion.

You can buy 20 billion chips from Replay for $333,333…might as well consider buying out the whole site at that point

2 Likes

Well, if you wait for a sale and use your first time chip buying bonus, you could probably do it for less than $100k !

1 Like

I think the entire concept of player rankings on this site is absurd. More chips is a higher ranking. Chips bought/vs chips won is not considered. Hours or hands or limits played is not considered. EV on chips put into pots is not considered. Skill of opponents is not considered. Years of time on the site is not considered.

So it is quite likely that the majority of players in the top 100 are not the 100 ‘best’ players but simply the 100 that play the highest and have played the longest.

If for example player number one has a 30 Billion chip headstart over a new player. And player one continues to play a lot, it would take a lot of hands for anyone regardless of skill or amount of playtime to catch up. Even more so if the interloper played relatively small numbers of hands.

I would challenge the top 10 (invincible) players to start over and see how long it takes to catch up to the #40 player who it is posited is no better than the #200 player.

[quote=“nihannihan, post:37, topic:12838, full:true”]
I think the entire concept of player rankings on this site is absurd. More chips is a higher ranking. Chips bought/vs chips won is not considered. Hours or hands or limits played is not considered. EV on chips put into pots is not considered. Skill of opponents is not considered. Years of time on the site is not considered.

So it is quite likely that the majority of players in the top 100 are not the 100 ‘best’ players but simply the 100 that play the highest and have played the longest.

Quite so. Apples vs Oranges vs Pears vs Tomatoes.

I have been on the site for 8 months now and have played pretty badly most of the time, but have gone from 1000 chips to 12 million chips in that time. But aside from maybe 20-30 hands in ring games, I have only played in tournaments or sit’n’gos. However it would be almost impossible to get into the multibillion chip level and thus the top ten, by playing tournaments, no matter how good you were, because there are no tournaments that I know of that are 5 million chips, let alone half a billion chips to enter.

Taking into consideration all the donk elements and every aspect of the game **if you average final table most times,you should consider yourself a good player…**dodging bullets and getting the right cards at the right time (thats luck as well)…you could be on the final table and be stone cold and will be blinded out…the algorithm has to work for you…aIthough you may be poised to win the tourney you more often than not dont…I’ve said this in the past you will always have one low ranked player hitting almost every 2nd hand doesnt matter what hes holding…so take him/her out of the equation as he may make that final table once in two months…(consider everytime there is one new player who presents himself to be a luck box every single tourney)
i think the top 1000 are good players…but to me who finishes most on the final table,not necessary winning the tourney…which he will do occassionally but finishing well more often than not…Those are the consistent good players on this site…then you have to consider -some have great luck,longevity,skill set…all this comes into play when you look at a high rank player…its truly a combintion of all these factors…about good players buying chips and waking up in the middle of thier night to see where they stand…those are the ones who are emotional about this game on this site…some players want to be at a certain rank and if they buy chips so be it…doesnt take away the fact they are good players…We all recognise good players,those who play on a regular basis know whose good…its not rocket science…skill sets are very much visible when you play them a few times…

1 Like

I agree with RR. Enjoy Replay Poker for what it is. A place to play low stress poker and hone your game. Yes, low stress. Is cash involved? Aside from the old “king of the hill” thing, does it really matter who has the most “chips” that aren’t worth anything? Enjoy the game, you might just live longer.

2 Likes

FYI:
There are 1M chip tournaments every three hours
There are two 2.5M tournaments every Saturday
and two 5M chip tournaments every Sunday

But your main point stands, you probably ain’t getting to a billion chips without playing a fair amount of ring games. The hourly return you can get in tournaments is just not high enough unless maybe you’re multi-tabling all the high stakes tourneys all day and placing in a disproportional number of them.

1 Like