Should tanking in mtt

I bust in some mtt at few place behind the payed place a lots of. So i wondering if you should, while being well ranked ( around 5,6,7 on 20 for example ) just tank and played very tight. Like folding some really good hands just to be sure to being payed at the end of the mtt or if you should bet and trying to grind the first place.

1 Like

As far as I am concerned if you pay to play, whether it be cash, play chips, or life, you play to win. If you are stuck in a position that is not favorable, you do whatever you can to hold or improve your position. If nothing else, just personal pride in doing everything you can.

3 Likes

Hi @Orionship , welcome to the Forum and thanks for your question. Lot of great folks here to help you progress your game and bankroll. I can only suggest play a MTT like a Golf or any sport tourney. Always play to win, by first placing in the chips as the goal. Then move up to the next payout level , then final table for the Win. But must play the cards to the best of your ability. We all have bad cards & luck at times, when it happens have the instinct to fold when required. Have Patience, Discipline & Faith when needed.

Play does tend to tighten up near the bubble. Sometimes you can take advantage of that to steal some pots but beware that most folks dont bluff if they are short stacked very close to the bubble. My goal each time 1)make the chips, 2) make the final table 3) make the podium 4) win 5) have fun if you lose its just chips :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is an recent post about Bubble Pressure you may find interesting in reading.

We all will be on the bubble and loose many times, Play smart with cards dealt to make the chips, then consider your next goal.

Yep, just sit out for 10 minutes so your not tempted and play when in the money:)

Many players sit out to get in the money in MTTs. I’d rather play and win hands.

2 Likes

Yep, me 2, i know that ppl do it-Just happened to me lol-I was 2 away from a SURE ticket to next week’s second round contest and i had a GREAT hand (Omah-hi-low) and being awww new at that game, forgot the nuts on both high and low can lose on the river and i got rivered out lol:). Guess if i did not have a few tickets already for it, i might of sat out to get a ticket:).

1 Like

tanks for all of your responds !

1 Like