Should I fold AA preflop?

Very good Question, I think it’s more of a matter on how much you want the payoff? I think you should play to win, being mindful of pay out area, and pocket A’s (regardless of what people say) is a very strong hand pre flop, so rather than fold and try to secure your spot in the payoff’s I think most would go with it. Something else that would help me decide is, how many others players are in, each player staying in weakens pocket pairs.
JL

Well he does not have you beaten now…Maybe bluffing. Must call or reraise.

I would like to know 1 player on replay that folded pocket aces pre flop after a raise. Dont think there was one unless it was a miss click or auto fold. You have to re raise all in and eliminate the competition and isolate to heads up. If all 9 players went all in i think any player would with AA would call but they would most likely lose the hand, no one on a free chip site would fold pre flop AA though regardless of how many players are in unless your whole bank was on the line (live or free) and all 9 or 10 players were in the hand.

1 Like

I’ve folded AA preflop to a raise before. wasn’t an accident either.

About the only time I would consider folding pocket aces is if I was on final table in a big tourney and was short stacked with 3 or more players betting the hand.

The reason is my all in would not scare off anyone and the more players in the hand the more risk those aces will be beat and letting those big stacks battle it out might move me up a position in the money. Maybe even 2 or 3 positions.

If it is only 2 opponents or less in the hand I would likely go all in if that pot would help me survive a few more blinds.

1 Like

I agree with SPG. Your “basic” strategy would be to never fold this pre-flop. So why do you adjust your play due to a factor of fear? Sure, you COULD get knocked out of the money, but by sitting out, you aren’t guaranteed anything either. Poker is “math” and I think you are adding too much “emotion” to the equation. Stick to the math.

I think its about what place you want to be placed. If you only want to get in the money, then sure, fold if that gets you your thing. But if you want to win or try winning, then folding AA pre-flop is a dumb move.