Player Notes Revealed

Aloha Replay and All,

Had a suggestion come to mind recently. It would be very interesting to be able to go to my own profile page and see the "Player Notes" that other players have made about my game. The notes would remain anonymous so we couldn't tell who wrote the notes. I think this would be a wonderful source of feedback and a great learning tool in support of improving my own play. I suspect we all have "tendencies" at the table that we are not so aware of.....what better source to learn about ourselves and improve our game?  What do you think?

Someone suggested this under a different topic within the past few weeks because I remember seeing it. I suspect it would be very, very embarrassing in some cases. I think my notes are for my benefit, not anyone else’s; I suspect others may think the same. Do we really want the potential THOUSANDS of players to know many think he/she is a buffoon? And, what earthly good does it do us to reveal that “JoeD’Ragman” (my apologies if the is such a player name) always scratches behind his left ear when bluffing? This has the potential to be the worst sort of intrusion into our privacy. I’d be against it. If your real purpose is to improve your own game, read, study, think, and talk to your friends. Good luck in the games.

10 Likes

I think this is a terrible idea… notes are private …if your an idiot and play like one I think you know already and don’t need to confirm it by reading the word “idiot” in my notes.

7 Likes

I posted in that thread and I said and I’ll say it again. I think that move would be reckless and ruin the community so many are trying to improve here no matter if it was anonymous

It takes a village.

5 Likes

It would be a disaster. I agree with the others. Notes are personal and are written by each one of us in a way that helps ONLY the person who wrote them to recognize a player. Because they are private and personal, I allow myself to write things like “bingo idiot” and “rude big mouth” and “donk” and “clown”. Some positive notes I write would be like “fun to play with” and “nice person” and “excellent omaha player” etc…
I don’t see how either negative or positive notes would help anyone reading them to improve the way they play. Even if they don’t know who wrote them, seeing “donk” or “nice person” won’t do any good to anyone lol.
What you are suggesting would only work if each and every one of us was taking notes about player’s strategies in details and talking about the way they play and how they can improve it. I highly doubt anyone does that really :wink:

7 Likes

@bucksarge
i understand what you mean, but i have to agree with the others.

i agree that it’s good to let someone point out your mistakes and use it to try learning from them.
but if people make notes of someone, it is most of the time because they have a read on you, which can be anything from fish to shark. nit, calling station or maniac. or specific stuff like betting too much on dry flops or likes to squeeze from the big blind etc.
but since it’s mostly about leaks, the reason the put a note there in the first place is because they want to exploit your leak(s) and profit from them. so the last thing they would want is for you to know about what they find so you can use it against them or just fix the leak.

but as i said i’ll get what you mean and agree it’s a good thing to learn from your own mistakes, so what i can advise you to do instead is to go to your hands, and post hand replays on the forums and ask people to give an analysis on them.
if you don’t know where to find your leaks, then just post a bunch of random hands for analysis.
i have given and taken advises on replay several times and almost always it was certainly helpful.

hope this helps, yiazmat.

6 Likes

I can definitely understand wanting every tool you can to improve your game, but this is not something we will implement. The other folks in this thread have pointed out good reasons why. Appreciate the suggestion, though! Don’t hesitate to keep them coming. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

FOR THE RECORD–
DEAR RALPHIE HAS NO NOTES-
HES JUST A LAZY SQURL!!
BUT–HE DOESNT 4 GET THE PLAYERS THAT HE
MAY NEED A PAYBACK WITH!!
HE NEVER 4 GETS!! AND HES NUTS!!
MIGHT BE FUN 2 ACTUALLY C WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT RALPHIE!!
THERE MAY BE SOME HEAVY SQURL HATE GOIN ON??
THE BEST PART IS RALPHIE DOESNT GIVE A DAM!!
BUT ITS PROBABLY NOT A GOOD IDEA=
JUST AN OPINION!!
REMEMBER–
OPINIONS R LIKE REAR ENDS-
EVERYONE HAS ONE AND NO ONE WANTS TO DEAL W THE OTHER GUYS!! OR A__HOL_S

TOM
RALPHIES SECRETARY

How about creating a list of adjectives such as donk,fish,CS etc. where one can search which and how many times it appears in an anonymous aggregate of player notes. Sure,some feelings may be hurt but self reflection by the rational player would use it to improve ones game.

1 Like

Having privacy around this place is something that is sorely lacking around here,players bank balance, friends list …ridiculous and to aske for showing our notes??? Thought things like these were
protected under the constitution lol
I want all of the above things to be seen by my eyes only…give us that option Replay! Thanks
Nic

1 Like

Nobody knows my name…or SSN…

Finn, we can go even further, count all the nominations and create awards for the “donk of the month” or the “fish of the year”. :slight_smile:
You are not serious, are you? Not only are such disparaging labels mortifying for everyone, but most of the time unfair, therefore useless to improve anyone’s game. In my opinion negative notes of that kind are often taken out of anger, after losing a hand, and are a substitute for the insults one would like to shout at the table. LOL But are they correct?

1 Like

I’m sure all are desperate not knowing if your name is Joe, Billy or Napoleon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He is making a joke…

Just your I P address is enough :smirk:

For the NSA I guess…

No for anyone that wants to zero in on your 20

1 Like

I don’t like this idea. Some of those notes are a player’s tells. Yes, even online people have tells.

1 Like