HTML5 Table Feedback

I have the same problem on a different setup Sharon…
It makes chatting impossible, and just like you I chat alot…
So for me its a dealbreaker… 1/2 of why I’m here is to be social.
Sassy

1 Like

The hour break message appears exactly at the 1 hr mark, regardless of if there’s a live hand in play. The countdown timer obscures the board and makes the final hand before the break unplayable.

There seems to be no discussion of the new replay system or space for a new topic. Is this deliberate?
From my experience, and that of many others, the new system cuts a player off at a random spot. this function has hurt me badly when I am waiting to enter with a case hand. all of a sudden, i am kicked out with aces and I can’t play in the hand.
There is a need for systematic inspection and correction of faults in the new system.
To this point, I have been a strong supporter of “Replay”. Now, I am wondering if my loyalty has been misguided.

1 Like

HTML 5 Table Feedback is where people are commenting on the new tables. I have had the same problem with the new tables. Until it is fixed I consider them all bingo tables - if I have to put more than a minimum bet in to stay in the hand it becomes a decision between going all in or folding. I hate putting a bunch of chips in the middle, knowing I have the best hand, and being folded. If I go all in they can’t fold me later either, lol.

2 Likes

This is a good point and, even tho old still totally relevant. It would be nice if RP would give us feedback as to the tables. Something like this: “Ok so many players seem to want this: 'random suggestion so we’ll try & implement it in out next update OR we are working to find a solution to this problem/issue.”

I don’t ever see RP or staff say thanks for suggestion, OR what do others think about this proposed issue/problem etc. Honestly the communication process is a bit like praying to God, having faith & hoping for the best. There is no or very little feedback, response or acknowledgement from RP.

RP did seem to get rid of the beep sound for speech at tables. A player created a FORUM listing this as an issue & I supported it & it was removed (unless Im wrong) - I really dont play much anymore. It’s disappointing there was no acknowledgement RE this issue or dialogue towards this issue.

Point being yes some feedback is implemented. Without evidence we could guess some feedback will/would be implemented.

Regardless: the old tables were more than adequate & effective. Why add new & unnecessary features for the new ineffective tables? Like a beep every time someone talks. Stupid: even if you have table muted it beeps.

I found that possibly the biggest or a BIG issue is players complaining about the inability to play multi-tabling. I understand this issue from chat with players but also addressed by RP staff on FORUMS. I think this problem is linked with other new table problems/issues.

I think RP & technical staff are having major problems/issues and are unable to fix the new tables. All I want, and I think most other players want, is the new tables to perform similar to the old tables. I’m fairly certain certain RP would like to replicate the old tables but are unable.

I’d like to thank player that do contribute to the $$$ that RP makes. Without players buying chips or making donations or tips RP wouldn’t exist OR as a completely non for profit game it would be much more inferior with a fraction of the resources & manpower it currently has.

I don’t think players that buy chips should be prioritised above other players. However these players are the only reason RP exists. I’m sure many other players buying chips wont voice their disappointment but simply walk away and look to spend their entertainment dollar elsewhere as said. This is sad & disappointing but more important a silent pandemic ignored by RP.

Personally I have never needed to buy chips on RP & disappointingly I’ve never felt RP deserves a tip/donation.

Im slowly drifting away. I havent walked away yet, but the current tables dont dont entice me to play this new terrible poker experience…

I guess I’m not the only unhappy one, although I have always supported RP. The main thing i’m concerned about is probably a time concern, but I have been dropped out consistently with case hands.

The new tables have a few minor improvements (Vs the old tables) I particularly like the yellow ADD CHIPS button top left.

Its (or was) a fast & easy way to quickly join a table & add chips to max & adjust: AUTOMATIC TOP-UP & RELOAD settings.

The Reload setting seems to prevent it adding any chips from 12 500 chips to additional 7 500 chips to reach desired 20 000 chips. Its not adding any chips!

It seems to work if the Top-up option is selected.

Notice any problems?

Problems

LOL,someone can’t count

replay is really messed up. shows friends offline, yet they are active on a table. just saw a account that player was online hour ago, yet viewed recent hands and played 19 mins ago.

General slowness and functionality issues aside, the new tables are killing my interest in this site because of their CPU hit. Played two tables at once and heard my PC fan start whirring. Looked at process explorer and saw CPU at over 50% and memory at over 1GB - for a simple card game! Came back, played a tournament in Flash: CPU around 8%. Opened a new table: CPU to 40%. Memory leak or what? Do you guys know how to program? This should be a small, trivial game. As long as you set my fans whirring, I’m sticking to Flash or leaving the site.

2 Likes

I could be wrong but I wouldn’t think HTML5 (or any HTML) would hit your CPU…maybe your GPU but I wouldn’t think it would touch your processor.

Hi,

You’d think but I’ve tested this repeatedly. Whether it’s Firefox or this site, the only common denominator to mem and CPU use racing up is when I open a new table.

1 Like

I feel sure this will be addressed soon…you may also want to contact support@replaypoker.com

Other players have commented similar. The new tables DO require much more demand or CPU power to perform compared to the old flash tables according to a few players that have been testing etc.

@GrandyB @visage

My post in this thread on Jan 23rd may interest you both.

HTML5 tables require approximately 150% of the CPU time that the flash tables use, at least on my computer. Since my processor is so weak, it’s pretty noticeable. Also, HTML5 is unsustainable for me to play on, since the constant high load causes a lot of heat and makes my processor step down to minimum performance to protect itself. This is the primary reason I am unable to play anymore (at least until I get my desktop computer set up again).

1 Like

Wow, I find that surprising…I guess I haven’t noticed any performance issues since I use a relatively fast PC I built for video editing.
Hopefully this can be fixed soon…is it safe to assume you’ve all reported the problem?

Issue with the ADD CHIPS feature NOT actually adding chips. I m sitting at the 2 empty tables & it wont top me up to MAX. This was a good new table feature that previously worked well.

After a play joins for 1 hand & quits it does add the requested top up. (right hand - the duel 2 50/100)

@GrandyB

It would be interesting & also add evidence support this issue & discus if you could test this as well GrandyB.

I will test n try n post a screen shot playing new tables. My laptop is old, and certainly very poor performance relative to current expectations. I do find the new tables perform poorly.

What disappoints & upsets me the most is Im sure some regular long time RP poker players are using a PC/laptop with even worse performance than Im enduring. At least one player has mentioned the new tables are literally unplayable with their hardware etc. Im sure there are many others that dont use the FORUMs & simply can no longer play.

@Fozman

Fozzy,

Just by seeing what is happening on a table as play continues.

Two things are in almost constant motion, using up valuable resources…

1. Spinny border of picture of player
  2. Timer counting down ( colored )

a Simple “ding” when its a players’s turn ( The Live Table ), negates the need for the spinny border around the player avatar pic. We need the timer, so that stays…lolol
If players have reported not knowing when its thier turn the simple “ding” solves that without constantly using resources in a manner that only creates lagg not adding to the overalll functionality. Even the white halo around player is unecessary, there should always be 1 player with a timer colored. Thats your clue whos turn it is.

I suspect lazy coding might account for some of the CPU use, and HTML5 itself, while replicating flash… it may not be as efficient doing the graphics. This is also why my ( table suggestion layout ), only had 1 set of buttons, just the act of having to re-draw that whole window when its a players’s turn adds to CPU use.

When us players ask for tweaks, sometimes we don’t think about each xtra feature potentially adds to CPU use and Lag. The goal should be adding as many functionality tweaks to lower the lag/cpu use, while @ the same time increasing the enjoyment of the players as they play. Increasing functionality also directly effects speed of play on tables, another big concern of many players.

People might notice alot of things, but almost everyone notices the CPU fan going off more often, and the #1 enemy of your computer is Heat.

For some people unplayable is Lag/CPU use, for others it is features not working right, still others it might be undue eyestrain… You can’t create an update to tables that only 20-25% of players’s computers can handle/display.

I’ll give you the best example of wasted CPU cycles I can think of.

1. a Sort is performed by 1 single command.
  2. a Sort is performed by writing a sort routine.

This is prolly 1 culprit, where Flash may have had commands to do stuff, some stuff now has to be programmed by hand so to speak. If this is the case, there’n not much that can be done about it, other than better/more efficient coding. The original Playstation games got alot better over time, because the coders got much better @ using available resources. Its not like Sony add’d memory or a better CPU.

Whatever the case, for every person that complains, there’s 3-5 more that won’t say a word… they will just leave.

Sassy

1 Like