How would you play this hand?

With having only 4 BB’s and 10 spots from the chips, how would you have played this hand?
I drew the famous KK, opponent drew 67 and as I didn’t expect, the flop gave him a straight. Knowing a KK draw was not very good odds, I felt with the short stack I had to play it to stay in the game.

2 Likes

You played it right. At that point in the tournament all you can ask for is to get it all in with the best hand. Nothing you can do about a flop like that. I probably would have jammed pre flop instead of just min raising but you got the desired result.

1 Like

I considered that, however the opponent had been calling almost any bet. I hoped to build the pot trusting my weak but possibly good hand. It’s poker lol, always fun and enjoy the Great Folks here at Replay

1 Like

you couldn’t ask for better! The hand played itself!

JAM all in pre in is better, BUT u got the crazy bluff w 67o so lucky you!

2 Likes

Thanks, @DogsOfWar , it was a fun tourney and congrats to @dfaugh for the win of the hand & hope he went on for the win

That hand makes me gag. I might have shoved all in pre-flop.

1 Like

Hi Litenin,

Thanks for the question.
I would have played it the same if SB was an unfamiliar player. To amplify @southwestmba 's comment:

1. KK was a welcome pocket in that situation
  2. You were UTG and a limp would be a bad move
  3. Your 2X bet was effective at knocking out most of the others and increasing your win odds
  4. I would have expected SB to call your raise since he was playing loosely, but not to trap himself with a re-raise, which looked like a bluff (quite a gamble with 67o)

It was getting late and time for both of you to make a move. I’d guess the others anticipated this as well and just let you showdown each other.
Was SB taking a swan dive to finalize the loose play?
Or did he sense weakness when you didn’t shove UTC?
Would SB have played the same if one or two players ahead of him had called?
Hmm. That was a tough spot. It’s a good reason to get to know the other players.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very true and know the player well, very good player and congrats to him. Its Poker and can’t win every hand, we expect to. GL at the table’s my friend!

Thanks Litenin.
BTW
My notes on you say “great player.”
That was from the first time I played you.
And I never changed 'em.

cu soon

1 Like

TYVM for the compliment my/f, but not great for me, learning everyday and hope to forever. I learn so much from all of the Great Folks here in the Forum as well as the Games!!

1 Like

The Famous KK,

You should have just shoved and he may have folded giving you a winning hand.

1 Like

In your position even if you have KK raise is a bad decision ,I would have played call waiting to see the preflop if no one raises or All in or do All in the idea that those who hold good cards call or All in. The luck of it was all who gave All believing that you would not answer and would win the hand. This is poker! If you had given All in and not raised 90% it would not have called!

1 Like

Remember that it’s RP poker. Yes, after the hand we all know what you should have done(fold). Maybe an ace that hits the flop? Most would have shoved, and the calling machine would have called anyway. You played it correctly. GL in the future, except for when I’m in the pot! lol

1 Like

Thank you, @squeaky53 . I just played my instinct & faith but it is poker & gl to you every time, your in the games !!!

Id have pushed pre flop, but knowing the people who play here theyd have called with 6 7

Thanks and welcome to the forum. please check in for new topics, often. GL at the tables !