How do you get max value out of flopped quads?

It just happened again. Well, almost.

https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/510766048

It happened again.

Puggy, try to value more, flop, re-raise to 300-350, BB seems interested, was the pre-flop aggressor, he’s going to call you very often here, by representing some pocket pair, or a strong Ax, KJ+…
Don’t try to min-raise, min-bet always, it often is a strength tell on replay.
On the turn it’s the same, bet 1/3rd pot, 400 or so. I prefer having a slightly smaller chance to win 400 than getting called a bit more often with a 100 bet…
And yeah river it’s ok.

Sick hand anyway :smiley:

1 Like

chech, check, check!

This happened 3 hours ago.

BB (me) -KK.
Under the gun, the guy limped the 400 to call.
SB -called.
I raised it to 800.
Both call.

Flop KAK.
I check
UTG bets the pot.
SB Folds.
I call.

The Streets are bricks -nothing connected.

BB checks
UTG bets the pot.
BB calls
I check/call through the entire thing.

Won a really hefty amount for it mostly being a heads up situation.

(I watched him bully his way through the game, so I lucked out there.)

That’s an easy situation to take advantage of, obviously. I imagine the “bully” here could have had up to AA, or AK, and played this way and still gotten taken. If your board had been KKK and you had the last King, I wonder if he would have played it the same? I kinda doubt it…

The bully never limps AA UTG, nor AK (hand is impossible anyway, there are no Kings left haha), and he’ll never bet pot on the flop with those hands anyway, he would be blocking way too many combo’s.

I don’t really see what he could have here, maybe some weak A (wouldn’t make sense neither to bet pot)… I don’t see him bluffing here with some pocket pair for example, but you never know.

Nice hand, just raise bigger pre!
Check/call is a pretty good idea, but you should think about check/raising maybe turn or river, to avoid a check/check or bet/fold situation river…Really depends on the vilain though.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree.
His range is waaay more expansive than mine.
And very loose/aggro.

I just think that players would do well if they paid close attention to the game.

If anyone was watching me, they would have noped out of the situation.
I was afraid of 3-betting lest they would simply fold -and I would have won only 800+antes, in lieu of the tripling up that I managed to aquire on that hand.

=)

I hope you at least x/r the river :slight_smile:

This depends on dynamics not made entirely clear in the HH. Lots of info missing, where are we at the tournament, stack sizes for all opponents and hero in the hand. Example would be later stages of tournament or with a reasonable amount of short stacks I could see min raising being most optimal with AA KK… QQ should definitely be opened bigger though.

I agree, I don’t think we need to x/r flop or turn as the only hands that are continuing are probably going to bet anyway. River I could go either way, really depends on V and stack sizes. I think a river lead is probably the way to go, especially if there are missed draws from flop or turn, we don’t want to have the V x back all his A’s and we could rep missed draws with a river bet as a bluff. Though it is hard to analyse turn and river play with out the turn and river cards or any suits. Meh.

Didn’t even know this was a tourney lol. Then no, you’re right, 2 to 2.5x is a great open size.

I agree too, you’re missing too much value otherwise

Yeah, I deduced this info from his reply to your reply where he says he would have won 800+ antes. There was nothing in the OP’s original post though.

Seems fair, clever :slight_smile: