Do you check-raise?

PS … I think you overestemate the number of observant players that play here , yes , some will take notes , others have no idea from one hand to another whats going on .

100% in agreement , as good players can also lay down big hands if the check-raise makes sense … donks just cant lay down a hand .

1 Like

lots of Gud books alreay written check out Anne Duke free PDF

Just downloaded, thanks very much!

Yes, I check- raise also. Many times, but it depends on the players at the table.

ck-raise is now in the bottom of my toolbox like a hammer…I don’t use it often but boy is it fun to use when deemed appropriate! :relaxed:

2 Likes

that’s actually the best way to use them :+1:.
check-raises don’t work very well when you use them often because you are repping very strong hands. so using them too often for value means you use too weak hands into your range, and as a bluff you aren’t repping the right hands at teh right times. besides of that, using them often could also mean you use it on wet boards, giving your opponent the opportunity to beat your monsters.

Agreed, I won’t use it unless I feel sure I have the winning hand…too scary otherwise :relaxed:

1 Like

Yes.
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/401810662

2 Likes

well played

2 Likes

@ZZ_Tilt, this hand was an excellent example of a solid check-raise spot. However, if you don’t mind a criticism, I would have check-raised larger. By betting 400 chips to win 4320 units, he’d need to fold only his absolute weakest bluffs, since he’s getting over 10-to-one odds on a call.

You’re sitting there with the nuts, out of position, facing a min-bet. If you’d check-raised to about 3.5K chips, you’d still get value from any other boat or 9x hand he could have, as well as 67 that had been betting on earlier streets as a bluff and turned the straight. Overpairs, 68, and 78 would be in a tough spot, and might end up calling as well. Meanwhile, with that larger bet size, you could conceivably work 68 suited or 78 suited into your own bluff range.

2 Likes

You’re right, after the hand I realised I could’ve/should’ve raised more.

1 Like

With all the bingo players on this site check raising is either perfect, or a complete waste of time. Not much middle ground.