Daily Quotes

Be Kind, Rewind.

Blockbuster Video 1980

2 Likes

“The beautiful thing about poker is that everybody thinks they can play.” ~ Chris Moneymaker

I always like to add to this, that

“Those with experience, we just let them think they can.” ~ Smooth99

1 Like

If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more.

If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.

Oprah Winfrey

3 Likes

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen.

Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

Eleanor Roosevelt - former First Lady of the United States.

2 Likes

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

2 Likes

The words are famous and supposedly came out in a verbal duel between Lady Astor (Britain’s first active woman MP) and, from a different wing of the Conservative party, Winston Churchill.

Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I’d poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I’d drink it.

2 Likes

It is not wanting to win that makes you a winner; it is refusing to fail.

Peyton Manning

2 Likes

No man is an island, but I am a remote peninsula. - ChemEngineer

1 Like

Believe in yourself as I believe in you.

Craig Anthony

1 Like

“The time is always right to do right.”

• Martin Luther King, Jr.
1 Like

The theory that replay poker is somehow fixed in some way or fixed in favor of certain players is absurd. Remember that in a 50 player multi-table tournament, 49 players will be unlucky. One of them maybe you. -BluffaloKing

2 Likes

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are- Buckaroo Bonsai

2 Likes

Choose to participate in life.

Craig Anthony

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Totally Topic-less Anything Except Complaining Thread

“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love and loyalty. They depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big.”

— Erica Jong

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

“ You can tune a piano but you can’t Tuna Fish”

REO Speedwagon

2 Likes

The speed of light travels faster than the speed of sound. This is why some people appear bright before they speak…
(Albert Einstein)

5 Likes

“Eat prunes and walk tall.”
Anonymous
Restroom wall

2 Likes