Another (Probably Bad) Big Laydown

The Hand

I asked Hutchy whether I made a good fold, and he told me. I’ll save the reveal for after, so y’all can comment free of prejudice.

I’m sure GTO says I should continue here. Villain shouldn’t have much 4x in his range, and plenty of available draws that might want to play this way (5-6, any 2 diamonds… that’s a lot of combos).

It’s just… 5x is such a big raise! I’m losing to 88+ and any 4, and even against 2 diamonds, if one of them is higher than 7 I’m not in great shape. I chose to fight another day.

Do you guys think this is a bad fold? If so, how bad?
If you’re continuing here, what types of turns do you c/c and which do you c/f?

You don’t say what you have besides a 7, but I think this is a very good laydown. Pretty sure even the solver is going to start folding some 7’s here.
I could see it being an over bluffed spot because I think pocket 5’s and 6’s are usually just calls but you see people raise these quite often in practice. Even so, they actually have a decent amount of 4’s in range, every suited combo and likely 54o as well - GTO will raise some suited 4’s whereas most players won’t. Also, all their diamond draws have at least a backdoor straight draw or an overcard to the seven.
I think you’re likely supposed to continue with Ad7x and 7x6x/7x5x, but that’s probably about it, and it can’t be a big mistake to fold those either, especially in a tournament.
(The raise is exactly pot, so the’ve obviously just clicked that button. I’m not sure what to read into that)

1 Like

I had Ac7c

Anyway thanks for the feedback. I hadn’t considered all the hands that could actually be in range. I still think in practice, in this pool, it’s a good deal fewer than that… but I feel less bad about the fold now <3

1 Like