Players rating players

We obviously have different understandings of what “attack mode” is, and who attacked whom. Luckily, there are plenty of other posters in this thread who have already agreed that you were the one attacking and I was the one defending. But it’s ok, if you felt like you were the victim of “an insulting attack mode to say the least”, then maybe it was just a misunderstanding on your part. Thanks for taking the time to reply and wish you all the best. Viel Glück (oops! wrong thread again).

1 Like

wow, what a dry sense of humor, i present my opinions, u cant accept and attack, i go into defense mode and state facts, u go into attack mode , i go in defense mode and state opinions and facts. u attack with a duck, i go on defense mode, i post a cute donkey video and u attack again.im not the one in forums here 24/7 im on tables playing. maybe u should try a game and get ur frustrations out on the tables instead of living in the forums. gee i wonder how many stars we will give each other in your new system, see i told u the star rating wouldnt work.

He has a great post-flop style but you can’t dance to it so I give him a 3 :slight_smile:

How’s this thing supposed to go again? I forget with all the other stuff going on. This thread may be the best argument against letting players publicly rate other players.

2 Likes

Now I agree :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Carry on !!

4 Likes

You’re a bit late Sharon. I’m about to ask them to close the thread, before florida floods it with more of his “poor victim defenses” :joy:

1 Like

1Warlock i agree with u, this thread might be the best argument for not letting players rate other players, i tried to tell maya that the 1st day in my 1st response but she didnt listen. she coulda just ended the thread and be done with it and start another idea and post and the new system coulda been started by now. Instead all wasted time for a fun/creative idea that just isnt suitable or would work on a poker site. I would love to get my 5 stars so i can go on an omaha table to lose my chips while having a high star rating. hmmm, royal,omaha,rings,sitngos,MTT we need an all around average star rating for each player on all those games to be precise and have a full accurate rating so we dont falsify our play with our stars when we are on differnt game tables.

Bad, bad Maya.

maya i actually came here to recruit u into our Donk league we started, its for players ranked under 1k for high ranked players, thats why i had the donk video to post. would u be interested? i havnt looked at ur profile yet to see if u qualify. let me know if u do and i could add u as a member. im always recruiting and playing and hardly in the forums, never knew forums here existed til few months ago and ive been on replay for 6 years :slight_smile:

I’m sorry florida, I’m on the forums 24/7 and don’t have time for leagues. But thanks for the offer :+1:

your welcome, i just checked and u are far from qualifying to join, i didnt know that, thought u would, those werent my rules so i cant change the 1k and under rank thing so will keep u in mind in the future tho, thx

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Badonk’s Donks’ Stables

Of course they’re not your rules. And you fought very hard against them didn’t you? When the founder of the league asked whether or not he should allow players ranked over 1000, you very kindly said:

So I know very well where you stand and what your opinion is Mr Elite. Please do not try to pretend the opposite :wink:
You were very influential in deciding the rules. But it’s ok, I’m a Community Forums girl who likes to play for fun with people who are not obsessed with their ranks and who like to have fun with others from all ranks. So you enjoy your games and I’ll enjoy my time with my friends on the forums and at poker tables.

It might be helpful to concentrate on the suggestion and leave personality analysis out of it.

“I don’t like the IDEA because it would be hard to implement in a way that makes the rating useful” is one thing…

“I don’t agree, and you’re a moron for suggesting such a stupid idea in the first place” is something else altogether.

The first example promotes a useful exchange of ideas, the second doesn’t.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Same goes for:

“I don’t think it’s a great idea. I don’t like it personally”

and

“This idea is RIDICULOUS, will never work, and everybody hates it, and I have to defend everybody against it”

The first example is a respectful statement of opinion, the second one isn’t.

1 Like

Thanks to Maya- for the interesting suggestion, and to all who contributed their own thoughts on a player rating system. It’s food for thought for us for the future! Since we’ve stepped away from the original topic, I’m closing out this thread.

2 Likes