Who is watching who?

@NicUrChips ,
Not my thread, add’n my 2c, but really since Replay doesnt have separate :wink: chat available yet… Even I go find friends to talk with while 1 or both of us are playing. Thats why I said, lets really please EveryOne , which should then please Replay.

Allow all players AND watchers to be Selectively muted, not just mute the table cause thats pretty pointless. In order to accomplish that, you need to have a list and know who is watching you… Duhhhhhhhh :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: .

If you add the ppl that want selective mute… to the ppl that want to know who’s watching… From all the threads I’ve read over 3 years, that would be about 80-85% of the ppl that passionately post and email Replay. Yes thats my educated guess. Since you can’t do selective mute, including watchers… without see’n a list of everyone @ the table… players and watchers, this should make it into the HTML5 update for tables.

This is one of those “simple-elegant-solutions”, as I call them, that makes TOTAL sense… logical, rational, profitable, and doable. Replay could skip making chat avail elsewhere ( hope not ), but still give EVERYONE the ability to not listen to ppl they don’t want to hear from, yet STILL being able to chat with the rest of the people.

I personally think Mods and Staff should be UN-Mutable… thats a Duhhh
Everyone else should be fair game, Without ruin’n the functionality of the site in the process. Because it allows me to chat with friends, I can live with xtra ppl at the tables… I just think we should know who’s @ the table, and because a blanket MUTE is worthless - therefore you need a list to selectively mute ppl, that in-of itself tells you whom the watchers are. ONE simple tweak, solves 3 issues @ Once.

Thats not a waste of anyone’s time, especially if its part of the HTML5 update.
Sassy

Sassy really? we dont need einsteins theory of why people shouldnt watch from above the table who really cares? You need to get over yourself people are not stealing the secrets to the world by watching you play poker its o.k. to let them watch and learn oh great one. l.m.a.o.

2 Likes

plus one can go to a players profile click on view latest hands. can watch the last 200 hands they played.

It would be very nice to be able to easily mute people who are just watching but won’t shut up even when no one else is interested in responding. Sometimes people drop by and chat with each other and neither are seated at the table and they don’t talk to anyone who is, which gets annoying.

And on two occasions I’ve seen some very strange conversations occurring between people who were not seated and not talking to anyone at the table, just to each other.

They exchanged some very cryptic messages and had played no hands of actual poker according to their profiles (I checked because their chating was so bizarre). I got the impression they were arranging something illicit or sketchy (and only were using the site as a means of communication). But that happens on any site that allows pseudonymous accounts and has a chat feature.

1 Like

Agent Longhair,
Meet me at the 8 o’clock tourney. Say nothing until I say the word “Giga-nibble”. Then begin the dance using the Prell protocol. Bring your cat.

XXXredactedXXX

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

if you women do not wish to be watched then you should not dress so provocatively…

Me thinks you are being paranoid. If someone wanted a “Cone-of-Silence” to talk secretively to another player they would go to an empty table in the ring games; unless they were as bright as Get Smart and then they would use social media.

Such means of communication are much more valuable to some than most people seem to think. I guess it doesn’t really matter to me if other people’s websites are used for things they were never intended for, or if folks who for whatever reason can’t think of reasons to do something reflexively conclude that it must not be possible or no one is doing it.

I only brought it up because I’ve been a mod at various forums for decades and have seen PM systems and even open forum comments used in the manner I described. There’s a difference between being anonymous online and having plausibly-deniable communications, which forums like this facilitate because of the existence of mods and admins who can edit or delete your posts (meaning you can plausibly deny making a given post because others had access to your account, making it nearly impossible to prove conclusively that you wrote it).

1 Like

seriously guys,all of this blah blah blah over spectators? You all take the fun out of the game. Let us just sit relax and enjoy ourselves (or stannd in the attic) They are just observing the play not stalking anyone…replay doesn’t give out addresses or phone # lol

Agent Longhair,
Abort! Abort!
Operation Poker Spectator has been compromised!
Emergency rendezvous tomorrow at noon at Jason’s Deli on Magnolia Street in Macon, Georgia. I will be the fat guy in the Auburn Tigers hat sticking his tongue in your left ear. Blink twice if I have the right person.

PS
papa lima echo alpha sierra echo
whiskey alpha sierra hotel
echo alpha romeo sierra

PSS
Do not bring cat

XXXREDACTEDXXX

5 Likes

LOL…EXACTLY

1 Like

lmao :joy::joy:

1 Like

Lima Oscar Lima…

1 Like

Igorance is bliss, and oddly smug.

Ha!

Love%20Post

5 Likes

The secret is revealed :shushing_face:

3 Likes

dit did da dit da

It would be nice to know who is spectating …