Who is watching who?

CONFESSION. I have to admit tig. that I was one of those watchers. sorry! I’m jes a-tryin’ to learn, tho. I watch high end players to see how differently they play, how they change strategies to keep those villains guessing, and to see how they handle situations that can tilt you. I didn’t see the 93M loss, but I don’t remember EVER watching you tilt. if it bothers you that much, then i’ll stop. I was just auditing the class.

bahia7 is wrong though, I started my lurking by watching the low stakes end. specifically the bingo players. I learned to strategize my play against them (and there are different types
) enough that now I go to them when my bank starts getting low. now I’m watching
calling stations & figuring out how they keep catching my bluff.
i’m mot a great player, but only trying to improve.

3 Likes

How much actual effort does one need to put in to fighting a fire to qualify as a fireman?

A%20Bailout

1 Like

Tiggy,
The topic of watchers has come up in the past and after considerable watching of those threads , the majority ( => 50% +1 ) have ask’d for the watchers to not be hidden, and allowed to be muted.

I feel all participants… players & watchers , should be able to be selectively muted. We, as players, do not have the ability to stop ppl from watching, but we should have the ability to know who is watching.

Hypothetical : If a majority of the playerbase, lets say 70%, wants to see whos watching and be able to mute them… and Replay decides, well No… then hypothetically why would that occur ?

To this reader/player, there is but 1 logical reason why. Staff might want the ability to audit tables while remaining annonymous. Because there would need to be a coding chg to accomidate the listing/muting of watchers, then this 1 reason is MooT. Add a simple “If/Then” conditional statement, to eliminate both counting the watcher, but also eliminate them from any “list”. This would allow players to see and mute the real watchers, while giving any member of staff/mods thier layer of annynimity.

The more transparency the better, why not let us see whos watching ???
There is no downside, only an upside, but I emplore anyone to rationally and logically explain why I am incorrect about no downside, so I may re evaluate my opinion.
Sassy

2 Likes

Great analogy S_S…who cares who’s watching

2 Likes

I don’t understand why players (some) care about a number in the upper right corner.
Pay attention to your cards and the players that are actually PLAYING at your table.
Paranoia is taking over the world lol. I watch sometimes before sitting to see how many loose cannons are playing or just to get some pointers from the higher ups.
Relax and enjoy the game,let the techs work on more important things

2 Likes

Isn’t watching a free poker game like watching Broccoli grow?
Just Saying…

6 Likes

Since somebody is apparently keeping score, count me among the ‘who the heck cares’ pod.

4 Likes

The first time I noticed more than 3-4 watchers during a game I felt a little bit uneasy. Then it’s over. It’s when the watchers take over the chat and the players ONLY option is to mute both the Players and the Circus from above that is disheartening.

i see…

1 Like

oh lordy me i cant play when people are watching me so i ask whats the diffrence between people at the table watching you and the people watching above? l.m.ao.

The people at the table Pay to watch you play and are visible.
The people above are invisible and pay Nothing…

I figure if You wanna watch me play,
then you should be paying @least the blinds
to be there in the first place.
I would apply that to ppls acct. also
If you didn’t pay, why should you get
to watch my last 200 ring hands…

I’ll meet ya 1/2 way here…
Let watchers see in realtime someone play,
but they must be visible, mutable, and they
can’t just go look @ your last 200 hands.

That’s simple respect for the player. If You’re someone I don’t even know, and you watch me constantly for 2 months… I’m gonna know who you are, So when you sit @ one of my tables for the first time… You don’t get to say, I know you and you don’t know me. I may not know how you play, but I know you have been study’n me. :wink:
Sassy

I watch my friends play when I see them playing and will chat with them. only other time I watch is when I’m in a MTT. I watch a table when it gets close to bubble and pick a table with players that are close to busting out, so I can play accordingly.

don’t bother me when I’m in a MTT and see spectators watching I know they watching for same reason I am.

1 Like

I think the players that are bothered by others watching is hilarious…find something of importance to obsess over lo l. How in the world can you play when your mind is on the watchers instead of your cards and the players at the table? And Sass you wouldn’t have any idea how the watcher would play,much less who he or she is . Lets move on and forget about wasting replays time with this :slight_smile:

1 Like

How is this thread (or any other in the forum) a waste of RP’s time? Care to elucidate?

I guess I should have said Replays Tech team,i think the observer issue is a big nothing burger. There are more important things to be focused on IMO.
So done reading about this topic…people (some) are paranoid lol

1 Like

#MeToo. #QuitWatchingMePlayFreePoker. That should fix the horrendous abuse of people watching other people play play poker. Glad I could help. Don’t hesitate to call me if, God forbid, some creep starts taking notes on how you play.

3 Likes

LOL

i love to watch others play! I am still learning and it has added to my understanding of betting and I hope also; just how to behave in general while playing. I don’t pay any attention to WHO and HOW any one person plays. So, i’m just chiming in…what’s the bug about watching?? I also have watched random champs-I don’t ever expect to play against them but watching them is sort of as fun as watching…say, competitive sports! Great entertainment…in my opinion. ps: your hashtags are hilarious.

1 Like

this would be like professional poker players complaining about people watching them on television or any other device. they can’t see who is watching them. lol

4 Likes

Tiny violin music gives me a headache

2 Likes