What the Heck is That?!

Arcadia, FL. police are looking to identify this item and whom it might belong to for whatever reason. They didn’t say why. Anybody recognize it? ARCADIA, Fla. — A modified planter? A decorative ornament to be placed atop a fireplace? Maybe even an urn? It’s currently in evidence in APD and if you recognize it, you’re asked to call (863)-494-2222.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s an urn for ashes. Someone’s cremains.–Just saw that you already mentioned that. What about a censor for a religious ceremony? Or a pot pouri diffuser.

1 Like

I HAVE NO idea Jan. All good guesses. The article just came out today, so if and when another one is published I will let everyone here know about it. Just thought it was as interesting as some of the other objects in this thread and might have a good story behind it…

Urn sounds right? A Urn used in a homicide yikes

Good guess R.R. No telling how big that evidence bag is either, so nothing to compare a size to it…

1 Like

Our guess is it’s an old tool for woodworkers. That’s our starting point!

2 Likes

Looks like a jig for a certain wooden product

1 Like

I think I remember something like this at my Grammies when I was young and it was for weaving

2 Likes

That’s a good one. It’s a weaving or sewing something … like Goat said

2 Likes

I believe it’s used for making rugs.

4 Likes

All good but:
Nope
Nope
Right track
Right track
Nope
Used on the farm and or …

In a Elevator :popcorn:

I dunno R_R Here’s what Google Lens had to say (just like they said above…)

5 Likes

Well done Lyn (and weavers) I stand corrected TY Rick, We used it to stich burlap sacks closed :farmer:

1 Like