The Totally Topic-less Anything Except Complaining Thread

Not ever having experiencing hurricanes to the degree a lot of you have (we have baby ones here) and having no knowledge of the like I am going to shut up and say I Hope All Concerned stay well and come out the other end with wisdom and with as little upset / damage as is possible

4 Likes

The cool weather is here in New England. Autumn has arrived and that means the leaves will start to change color. Beautiful!

4 Likes

I still don’t have power at my apartment in Brandon. Thank goodness my brother lives nearby.

4 Likes

What a catastrophe, hang in there👍🏻

2 Likes

My heart and prayers go out to everyone effected by Ian. My brother is okay in Melbourne. Friends have no electric. No word from family in Tampa, so praying hard. Other friends have big messes and losses. May God help all of you.

3 Likes

1 Like

Ian hit 125 miles south of Tampa in Fort Meyers so all is well. My stepmom lives in the Tampa Bay Area.

2 Likes

I live in Florida and Hurricanes are just a part of it. This is one reason some folks don’t really take it serious…

4 Likes

My dad before he passed and my stepmom lived in the Tampa Bay Area for the last 22 years right near the Gulf, my stepmom is still there, they just deal with it. I couldn’t, I’ll deal with snow in New England instead.

3 Likes

Just want to salute all the National Guards persons called up for Hurricane Ian. When Hurricane Andrew hit, I was part of the Florida National Guards stationed in Clearwater. We were in Miami the next morning and our activation lasted 45 days.

When a Guards person is gone it seems everything goes wrong for the spouse, dryer goes bad, car repairs and of course no spouse to help with hurricane issues such as boarding windows, well you get my drift. Civilian pay most times does not continue and payroll from Army is 30-60 maybe more out, so hard times.

So, my plea here is if you know any person activated, please if you can help however, you will be a hero. Thanks, and God Bless.

4 Likes

I cannot imagine what you are all feeling right now I am trying to understand by watching about hurricanes/tornados etc the nearest I guess was when I spent a few days , amid my Seattle stay , at San Francisco (I was wanting to see if the streets were as portrayed on UK tv and yes they certainly were) 3 days and it was absolutely throwing it down non stop high winds etc etc. The nearest thing here was when a few of us offered help to stack sand bags along stretches of river banks trying to build up enough to stop them bursting their banks again causing mass flooding but hey your in a worse state than that my heartfelt wishes to all god bless you good luck

4 Likes

931239_475166062569091_1469440403_n

4 Likes

Praying for your Family and Friends :pray:

2 Likes

I have also watched other people and friends playing while not on the table, it would be nice to be able to endorse them for good plays etc…
Watching other people is also a good way to learn. I just ran out of likes for 24 hours, so I have to wait until tomorrow for more likes.

4 Likes

Craig , my favorite time of year. I hear fall in New England is wonderful. I always wanted to go on a bike trip through New England in the fall. The closest I came to that was riding a stationary bike with a Tv infromt of me with a tape of bike riders through New England in the fall-Haha.

4 Likes

Hahahahahaha, Hi Vicki, it’s beautiful. The Maple trees and sugar maples bring a burst of color in the fall. Let me see if I have some pictures in my phone. People that are far away usually take an Amtrak train ride through New England. Absolutely beautiful

3 Likes

@vickik1117 found one.

6 Likes

Beautiful. Haven’t been up there in the fall for a long, long time. Every summer I still spend a few weeks at Lake Winnipesaukee, though - already counting the days until next June!

4 Likes

Awesome. I own a condo on Lake Winnipesaukee in Laconia, New Hampshire that I rent out. I save a week for me every year. Short ride for me. I love New England, born and raised. Lobsta :joy:

4 Likes

We’ve got a place in Center Harbor. Nothing better than watching the 4th of July fireworks while having to wear a sweater!

3 Likes