"Sitting Out" malfunction

If I time out, I sometimes can’t get back “Sitting In” right away. The button gets greyed out and I have to refresh the browser or open a new window entirely. Or I’ll sit back in, but it auto folds the NEXT hand.

It’s really unacceptable that this feature ever fails in this manner!

2 Likes

Played a tournament for the first time in ages - they seem very broken.

Seems to me the default should be that you are automatically sat back in after any action where you timeout, especially in tournaments. I think we’d all be fine with kicking people completely if they timeout on several consecutive actions, but your hand should never be folded because the client won’t let you act.

Chat also broke for me at some point - I could read it but not post. I’ve never seen that or heard anyone complain about that in ring games.

Despite getting sat out mid hand and then later permanently sat out until I closed the browser, I didn’t notice any lag though, so I guess that’s something.

2 Likes

Yeah the fact that you have to manually sit back in to be dealt another hand, in a TOURNAMENT, is kind of insane lol

Also when someone is sitting out you can’t see their stack size, which is vital info in tourneys

@Younguru

Just click on their name and you’ll be able to see their remaining chip size. I don’t know about a “sitting out” malfunction because I haven’t experienced it.
I don’t think I’d recommend an automatic return to the tables because it would cause unnecessary delay to the game when players actually do click the sit out box.
I’ve used it several times when I’ve had to step away so I won’t be causing a game delay.

I think you can have both. Obviously if players have explicitly selected to Post and Fold, they should be sat out, but it seems a bit ridiculous to automatically select that when a player times out. Also, you could give players a few seconds to act even when explicitly sat out so they have a chance to disable Post and Fold without really slowing the game down. At the very least you could auto sit players back in just for the hand they’re already involved in. Currently if you timeout and get sat out, your opponent can force a fold with any bet.

1 Like

Precisely, the fact that I can fail to click “check” in time and possibly give away the pot is just not right

There seems to be some confusion regarding tournament rules… once a player enters a tournament and play begins, the entry fee is gone and is now part of the prize pool. once you start a tournament if you leave you forfeit your entry fee and seat. if you do leave, the way the forfeit happens is that your hand is dealt and then folded when it is your turn to call the blind or if it is your blind, it is posted and your hand is not folded until/unless someone raises or bets. in that case action goes around the table until it is your turn and if you do not call or raise your hand is folded. No player is allowed to not post blinds. In tournaments the blinds are there and are raised periodically to force action. If players were allowed to “sit out” as one can in a ring game a tournament could conceivably go on for years with players “sitting out” every time it was their turn to post a blind. this is true in live play and online, real money or play. some tournaments will remove a player that has missed a certain number of hands (here at Replay for example) and other tournaments will hold the seat open until you are blinded out. Dems da rules folks, and they are there for a reason :smiley: Peace!

Actually, you misunderstand, I think! :grin:

Reread the above… no one is suggesting that players be able to miss paying blinds.

well,… nowhere did I state that someone suggested that players be able to miss paying blinds, I was just iterating the rules (with emphasis!) the difference between “sitting out” in a ring game and in a tournament is that in a ring game you are out of the game completely until you choose to sit back in, no cards are dealt to you and you do not post blinds. the opposite is true in a tournament (see my previous post). The rule is: it is the responsibility of each player to act in the time allotted if you do not, then action will be taken for you as the tournament must continue. If you are unable to act due to system malfunction then contacting support is probably the way to go. There is a reason why you must sit back in after being sat out by the system that is to ley the system know you are back and ready to play again rather than have to run the clock out for you every hand until you do choose to act. :smiley:

You very clearly did, it’s even in bold lol
But it’s cool

boldanditalics

Don’t forget the italics, I worked very hard to achieve that effect…

:rofl:

1 Like

I get the reason for requiring players to sit back in, I just don’t think it’s justified. Certainly not in the middle of a hand, and maybe not at all given the problems with sitting back in. At the very least I think the system should assume that you’re playing unless you’ve failed to act a few times in a row (or specifically told it that you’re sitting out and posting).
Most other sites will auto sit you out too, but then they give you a time bank and I’ve never run into issues with being able to sit back in. Maybe I just got unlucky, but when I posted in chat that I couldn’t sit back in at least 3 other people responded that it had happened to them too, so I don’t think so.

1 Like

I have never seen a site that did not sit you out when the clock runs out. I will have to take your word that some do not. I have also never experienced problems sitting back in after timing out so I can’t speak to that. Sounds like some kind of transient glitch?? have you contacted support about this issue? Multiple players experiencing the same problem indicates something going on with the site and not on your end.

1 Like

What game were you in @Younguru , in my experience it does happen in Stud games at times, however it could be my net download speeds also.

When it happened to me, I’d already clicked call, but there was obviously some client/server connection issue and the action didn’t register in time (that’s not a huge deal itself, it’s unavoidable sometimes). I think there’s some bug that stops the client reconnecting properly, so selecting Sit In appears to work, but hasn’t registered on the server and you will get sat out again when the next hand is dealt. This repeats until you close the table and open it again, forcing a client reconnect.

2 Likes

MTT

I agree! MTTs & SnGs are VERY broken on this site and an absolutely horrible experience frequently for me.

The ring lobby works much better & moderately well comparatively. There are issues w ring Lobby too, but its much more tolerable for me.

If I switch to MTT or SnG Lobby to look for a game to play the sever & site will crash almost straight away, frequently and constantly! This is before I even join a game!

Playing MTT & SNG is often just as bad or worse (as Lobby) but sometimes does work ok. Its just not worth the headache to play MTT or SnG on RP unless I’m extremely bored or feel like a masochists - which is why I play low buy in MTT/SNG so I can quit playing if issues get too bad and throw away a few chips without caring too much.

I find it surprising that other players dont also see a massive difference between ring Vs MTT/SnG based on the fact that no one besides me makes that comparison. The difference is light and day to me from my experience.

I made a post about this exact subject, but it was in a ring game! I play 99.9% ring so OFC I will occasionally get sat out!

My point being its extremely difficult to “GET BACK IN” once RP has “sat you out” and counting you out!

Regardless of weather its client issue, internet issue or an occasional slow play (players fault) I dont think its fair in any case that the site will add a consecutive punishment - and make it VERY difficult to SIT BACK IN!

I had massive issues w the chat months & months ago in ring! It surprises me no one else complains or has similar issues?!?!? The chat has worked fine for me for many many months now, but I rarely play MTT/SNG so cant compare.

There is a lot of sporadic issues on the site. I guess its just variance on a FREE poker site?!?!?!

Are you getting sat out only in Stud MTT’s or all Format MTT’s?

I don’t play stud

1 Like

Thanks, sorry I can’t assist. I can only suggest the next time it happens note the hand number & let support know about the issue with an e-mail to support@replaypoker.com. We have a great support team and they will reply to you.