Simple Replay Ring Strategy

1. Sit with the max every time you play (200bb).
  2. Open 77+/AQ+ from UTG and UTG+1. Fold everything else.
  3. Open 33+/78s+/QTo+ from CO and BTN. Fold everything else.
  4. Using the UTG range as a guide, 3bet any limps at 100% frequency from all positions but SB and BB (so, as long as you’re not Out Of Position). For 3bet sizing, use 4x + 1bb per limper.
  5. If they jam on your 3bet, call with pairs JJ+ and AK. Fold everything else.
  6. Cbet all flops as the Preflop Raiser except straightening and monotone boards. Use 1/2 pot with both your bluffs and your value. Check/fold, Check/call, or continue betting turns and rivers according to the runout and your good poker instincts.
  7. If you’re in position and the field checks twice, just bet 1/2 pot every time.

Based on my experience playing at stakes from 200/400 up to 100/200k on Replay, I think this oversimplified strategy should still be profitable in most games.

I haven’t really noticed a significant increase in average skill level between stakes until you hit 250/500k, where there is a lot more (reasoned) aggression. Maybe below 5/10k there is more “bingo” style punting, but that should only help our winrate in the long run (especially playing this relatively tight style).

If anyone wants to give it a try and let me know if it works for them, I’d be very interested. For my part, I am going to implement a similar strategy for the next thousand hands or so and report back here with my results.

2 Likes

72 hands and 1 hour in, The Simple Strategy (TSS) is up almost 2M (1997284) playing 20/40k. I VPIP’d 6 hands, not counting a couple times where I completed from the SB, for a VPIP of about 8%.

Won a big pot with AA (BB) and medium pots with K4s (BTN), QQ (UTG), and AJo (MP).

+/- 1,997,284
+49 BB/hr

Another hour at mixed stakes, hunting a good game. Found one at 50k/100k, bet all 3 streets with AK in a 3bet pot (most pots I play using TSS are 3bet pots) and rivered the nut straight for a full double-up.

Overall for the session: +21bb

Hours Played: 2
Hands Played: 135
VPIP: 10%
Total Profit: +6,404,494
Hourly Rate: +35 BB/hr

Using a little more preflop aggression in these last few sessions :slight_smile:

Lost a big pot at 50/100k with JJ when a weak unpaired ace spiked the river, but still won 5M at Mount Everest playing 7 of 56 hands. Still 3betting almost every hand where I am not first-in. I’m really noticing how much easier it is to win against 1 opponent than 5! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I made a couple successful 4bets as well in this session: QQ (MP) and JTs (BTN).

Completed from SB quite wide as the games were pretty soft. Otherwise playing very tight still. It hurt to fold hands like KJs (UTG+1) and 55 (UTG) but we are sticking to the plan.

Hours Played: 4
Hands Played: 257
VPIP: 12%
Total Profit: +11,764,696
Hourly Rate: +30 BB/hr

If everyone played that way it would be a lot more predictable than it is now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like