Puzzlers and Games

1 Like

This one looks too easy, so I almost think it’s a trick question and I’m missing the trick…

However, going quite strictly by the diagram, not only is 6 the first to fill up, it is the only one to fill up. Once full, water will spill over the sides and never back up to fill 3.

1 Like

It is 6. 2 and 7 are blocked .

How do you hide the answer?

1 Like

oldgeezer, to hide the answer, you click on the gear icon (last one in the string of icons) that you see when you’re creating your reply. The options include “blur spoiler” which is the middle option on my computer–probably yours too. You have to highlight the words you want to blur, then click on blur spoiler, and that does the trick. I’m going to check my work here.

1 Like

Hi Elvoid. I saw this on a Twitter feed and decided to share it here. The person who posted it said he would give credit to the first correct answer he receives. He probably just wants us all to click on his Twitter feed all day until someone gives the right answer. Good trick in my case cuz that’s what I’m doing. lol

1 Like

LOL - You’re probably right - him getting clicks was probably the big picture “trick.” :laughing: (not laughing AT you - laughing WITH you!!!)

How do you hide the answer?
[/quote]

Like I said B4 hide it anyone that clicks on it can see the answer ! Unless Replay fixed. I am lazy so I click, not all are right. LMAO

I see that LOL

2 Likes

That’s by design. The honor system of not looking is in play here.

1 Like

Well I am lazy and I don’t give answers so should be ok. LOL

1 Like

Container 6 will fill first. No liquid can leave container to fill 2 4 or 5. Container 7 is also blocked off so container 3 will fill to until it reaches the drain to container 6. Container 6 will be the only container to fill

If the water goes faster from faucet to container 1 than from container 1 to container 3, then container 1 is first filled.

1 Like

After further investigation of closed and open tubes at the source, it has been concluded by NASA scientists that the answer is beaker # 6

1 Like

Yes, indeed I was laughing at myself! So welcome to the joy I created by being gullible.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

Apparently container 1 will never fill because the water will run off. So, correct answer is in fact 6.

1 Like

Yay !!!

1 Like

It appears the faucet is dripping not flowing. The water should flow into #2 before #3 and flow into #5 before #4 until #5 fills up.

If one gallon/minute goes to 1, and only a half gallon/minute goes out from 1 to 3, then 1 get filled and is first filled.
I say not this is the right answer, but it is an answer what can be right.
There are only lines on a paper, and no word and number to it. Many can be.
And there is no question !!!

1 Like

This is absolutely true, Poki. My husband rejects this puzzle. He says there’s too much missing information so results are ambiguous. :slight_smile: