Puzzlers and Games

Which is the odd one out, and explain why…
Carpenter, Weaver, Harvester, Potter.

2 Likes

Harvester! It’s the only one you don’t make things with your hands. I think they make harvesting machines. Just a guess, I’m from the concrete jungle

No, nice try but you can harvest with a hand scythe.
Three things are related and a fourth is not.
I will say who the odd one out is if no-one makes the impossible connection.

Harvester is a British casual dining restaurant chain with over 230 outlets in the United Kingdom.The rest are not restaurants

Again. Good effort, but Potters is a restaurant and resort in Norfolk.
A clue for you all. Three are species and one is not!

potter is the odd one out. The rest use materials that are or once we’re living organisms. I’m sure clay doesn’t grow :joy:

Potter is indeed the odd one out, but not for that reason! I am looking for a total connection with the other three that potter does not have. Think species and you are there!

1 Like

[spoiler] Species ? species is the basic unit of classification and a taxonomic rank of an organism, as well as a unit of biodiversity. A species is often defined as the largest group of organisms in which any two individuals of the appropriate sexes or mating types can produce fertile offspring, typically by sexual reproduction.

I’m done. I can’t wait to hear the answer of this one. [/spoiler]

They are all types of Ant, except potter!

2 Likes

ANTs,! Good one. I would have never guessed that. Not a huge bug fan :joy:

1 Like

2 Likes

likeable, trending, poetical

1 Like

Likeable, poetical, trending

1 Like

Cassandra got there first! Prize money could be in the mail! lol

Thank-you Thank-you!!! It only took me about 3 minutes to get the words, and then another 1/2 hour to get the blur thingy to work…grrrrrrrrrrr… but was great fun.

1 Like

So, big controversy about the “correct” answer on Maria Shriver’s page on Instagram. Apparently the answer she said was correct is “R”–for reverse. But big emotion there about the fact that “R” is not a number! I will keep monitoring for her eventual explanation–or total retraction of the question. Curious what lead you to 7?

im guessing 8

[spoiler] I think it’s 8. Because 1,3,5 are odd numbers across and 2,4,6 are even numbers across but you can’t use 6 so next even number across in the bottom row is 8.

You can’t use R because it’s not a number if someone was thinking stick shift because there is no mandatory N for neutral in the shift pattern.

Would also like to know why guess 7.

Odd puzzle :jigsaw:

Hi Sharon :blush::wave:t2:[/spoiler]

1 Like