PKO Strategy

PKO Strategy

When you play the PKO MTT’s, do you have a Focus on winning the pay out chips or knockout chips?

2 Likes

It doesn’t change my approach much. I am somewhat more willing to call an all-in in a marginal spot because the bounty increases my EV.

However, I notice a lot of players slowplaying big pairs, even post flop, to try to get bounties. This is peobably a mistake - they are allowing their opponents to realize their equity cheaply - but it does mean I have to be a little more careful in spots with plays like shoving over limpers PF.

2 Likes

Honestly, I haven’t paid attention to either in some time. The last few years I’ve been playing for the fun of knocking out players in MTT’s. So, the PKO format complements my playing style of going after everyone whenever the opportunities arise.

I just consider the bounties bonuses.

1 Like

I personally, play/focus to first make the chip cut and if I do, play for the win. I feel if I make either, the chance of some knock outs is fairly good and a bonus. I do think a lot of players play & focus on the bounty’s as a priority, which is fine and they can receive, a lot of chips by doing so. PKO is a great platform and gives more opportunity’s for players to win chips.

Actually, I’ve noticed that whenever we’ve played against each other. I enjoy playing against you.

You’ll notice I’m very very aggressive when we are close to the bubble. And when you call me in those situations, I know that there is a high probability that I’m in trouble and I’ve calculated my outs incorrectly. At those times I’ve become very religious.

1 Like

Thank you very much my friend for the compliment. Always good to see you at the table & enjoy playing with you as well. I also respect your play and am a bit cautious :slight_smile: gl at the tables and thanks for all of your input in the Forum Topic Subjects :clap:

I always focus on winning the tournament and pay out chips. Knock outs come naturally if you are playing well. However, I will admit, I will enter into hands with a very short stack with weaker starting hands than i would otherwise to try an pick up a flop and a bounty. High reward low risk, where in a normal tournament I don’t want to make a short stack healthy again by playing a bad hand.

I have ended up second without getting a bounty which wasn’t nearly as profitable as it is in regular tournaments or even a regular bounty tournaments. But if you only win one bounty, the last one, it is very worth it

2 Likes