Late Registration times

Why do some tourneys have 15 min late reg while others are only 10m? It doesn’t seem to be related to the buy-in amount.

Although I’m aware of this, it’s hard to remember which is which, and as 15min is more common than 10min I often miss registering as I think I have 15min.

Can’t they just all be 15min?

1 Like

You are welcome to register as early as you wish, just check the upcoming game times in the lobby and sign up. All late registration limits are listed prior to game time. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

I think all the tourney’s should have 15 minute late registration as well. There’s even a few with 20 minutes for some odd reason.

1 Like

It definitely does not help lol.

Can I speak frankly? I think y’all on staff should stop giving replies like this. It feels really cold and corporate, given that I clearly stated what I don’t like and the response is to ignore my complaint entirely and just refer to the status quo with a “suggestion” about how I can change my behavior so that the thing I don’t like still exists but isn’t affecting me.

Obviously I know everything you said. Of course I could avoid this problem by simply registering in time/ahead of time. My issue is what happens when I fail to do this.

Apropos of nothing whatsoever, moderators and player reps are definitely not staff… we are volunteers :wink:

2 Likes

fair enough das <3 I appreciate all the effort y’all put in, I really do

5 minutes is enough and 15 is waaay to long

I honestly don’t really care what it is, I’d just personally prefer that it be consistent

Hi @Younguru,

The late registration depends on lots of things, stake usually but they are not all the same because of variation. Sometimes there are rebuys too.

To quote Rob, our Operations Manager, Consistency is important because people like to know what to expect, but variety is vital too. Not all 20,000 entry tournaments should have the same period of late registration, else it becomes too stale.

I want to suggest reading this post about this topic, as players shared their insights about Late registration.

1 Like

I just want to mention that we love our Volunteers, and we are thankful for them for making a big difference to help ensure Replay is a fun place to be. We’re a free-to-play site, and having our wonderful volunteers is the backbone of our community. :heart:

1 Like

Interesting post, thanks. The people who are against late reg don’t have a leg to stand on. It’s a standard part of tournament play, and there’s no compelling reason to do away with it beyond some people saying “I don’t like this.”

The idea that we need to vary registration times to avoid “things becoming stale” seems completely fake to me, though. Someone else questioned this in the original thread—who are the players saying “dang, I really wish there was more variety in Late Reg times so my Replay experience could be more exciting!”

My view is that there aren’t any; this is a purely fictitious rationale : )

I think I have to agree with Younguru. I do not understand how different late registration times makes sense. I see that there are there are different tournaments with the same buy in amount but different late registration times so buy in amount does not seem to be a factor

I do agree that variety is vital… variety in games (hold 'em, stud, royal, etc.), variety in buy ins… yes, but I do not understand how varying late registration times keeps things from getting stale. While that might have been the reasoning behind the decision, it seems pointless… variety for variety’s sake only. I do not see how it adds anything positive to the player experience.

That being said, If we are going to keep all the different late registration time amounts, perhaps the late registration time amount could be posted in the info box on the tournament list (lobby) page (maybe right below the start time):

Just my 2.7369 cents worth (inflation hits everywhere :laughing:)

1 Like

I echo all your sentiments 100%

Thank you for the discussion about late registration. As always, everything is being shared with the rest of the team. Good luck at the tables!

I feel that the bigger question is how long of a time a player should be allowed to sit away for. Could a time limit of 15 hands or minutes be put in place for sit away players?

In my above post I meant 15 consecutive hands.

Check out this thread:

https://forums.replaypoker.com/t/players-sitting-out/