Do you drink while playing poker?

I must admit if it is the weekend, I am playing poker and getting drunk!

3 Likes

Just about everything is more enjoyable with a few beers. Poker is definitely more interesting and enjoyable, even if some mistakes are made.

4 Likes

I personally think I play much better after 2 drinks. It causes me to make calls, bets & bluffs that I might normally chicken out on. It loosens me up enough to play aggressive but not enough to impair my decision making. I played 5 tournaments without having any drinks and did significantly worse. Your mileage may vary.

6 Likes

I drink a lot but with the meds I take sometimes it jacks me up and I make a LOT of mistakes and play real loose and usually go bust fast. :rofl:

4 Likes

I can definitely agree with that there.

3 Likes

People often ask me how I can play poker, drunk. It’s simple. I was drunk when I learned! :wink:

6 Likes

Is the pope a Catholic, does a bear :poop: in the woods
My biggest individual win here I had to close one eye to see the screen.
On a real money site I once woke up in the morning and checked my account as had a vague memory of playing when I got home from the pub, I had won over $700 the previous night, don’t remember anything about it and it was the most I had ever won.

5 Likes

NO, but sometimes i think i should lol

5 Likes

Well Colby, I also lost more drunk than I ever won, sober and steady was always the way, I had to give up playing for money due to my predilections and unhealthy habits, its safer for me here :innocent:

3 Likes

All great comments! When I am drinking, my board reading is not great.

3 Likes

I did…Once.

I thought I had 4 Aces and bet accordingly. After checking the replay of that hand later…it was really two pair…4’s and A’s. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I used to drink when I played. But, I drank when I baked, or cooked, or read, or just about anything. Then, I concluded that I was powerless over alcohol and that my life had become unmanageable. My poker time now is sober.

3 Likes

LOL; Love the comments:

8 Likes

Well done glennyboy, although this thread has an element of humour, alcohol is no joke for some and good to recognise this.
My job is supporting people with addiction issues and have witnessed the struggles first hand and am under no illusions of what folk go through, and the strength needed to stop.
I have been lucky in that although I drink to excess at times I can take it or leave it and know when to calm things down, but never judged those who cannot, could have been me.

3 Likes

Don’t drink at all anymore (I 've been barred from my Scottish homeland as a result).
However, I make it a point of supplying every other player at the table with copious amounts of alcohol :slight_smile:

6 Likes

yeah, play better with free chips while drinking, wouldn’t do if playing for real money, whole different ballgame. Cheers

3 Likes

I am playing drunk a small percentage of the time. It takes a lot of weight off the game and I find it more enjoyable. I’d do it every time I play but its a pretty big -ELV, I win more when I am comfortable as we all do, but with a +ELV move of not drinking all the time I play, I get more of your chips.

3 Likes

I do, if I’m not going anywhere. It helps to relax. But done in moderation.

3 Likes

I need to join your table!

3 Likes

yep, coffee sometimes, other times juice, mostly coffee tho’

4 Likes