Do you drink while playing poker?

rum of course

3 Likes

a few drinks mellow you out ( as does some quick hits of other Herbal substances ) to ease tensions, but its a fine line between mellow and tilt lol

3 Likes

i thought it was compulsory lololol

4 Likes

A couple beers when I play relaxes me and makes it more fun to play, But just on weekends

2 Likes

Playing with a drink or two is not the same as playing drunk! If I was drunk (which I donā€™t play that way), Iā€™d probably lose everything. However, the goal of poker is to make a plan after to are dealt a hand. For example, I have a suited pair, I will raise 3BB but fold if someone 3 bets, etc. If you have a couple drinks, it is easier to make & stick by the plan (in my opinion). If I did not have the ā€œfilterā€, I may have chickened out or deviated from the plan. Having some drinks is much different that ā€œbeing drunkā€. I donā€™t think the purpose of this thread was to discuss drunk players but instead, mellow players who are enjoining some libations with their game. (FYI, I came in 2nd yesterday in a tournament while having 3 drinks throughout).

2 Likes

I think it is interesting that there are a lot of people who havenā€™t commented on this blog for a long time until this subject came up. That is epoch (epik).

2 Likes

I donā€™t drink, because I just donā€™t like to. That being said, I always get ā€œcomfortably numbā€ before sitting down to play. Better living through chemistry often has me looking like this before I play :laughing:

7 Likes

If you see a ā€œsuited pairā€ in your draw, you have definitely been drinkingā€¦ :wink:

6 Likes

6 beers

6 Likes

Not betterā€¦ Word up. ^^

1 Like

Iā€™ll take rum & Polly will have a cracker please

1 Like

Gambling and drinking go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly.

3 Likes

ldo

1 Like

For fun yes, for cash-NO. I use to play with this guy who was a pro and VERY good, but when drunk he would play anything and we all knew it and lose, lost his house, very sad:(.

1 Like

This guy is my all time favourite poker pro, cool as you like, but prone to drunken nonsense, about the only thing I have in common with him :grinning:

3 Likes

Not at all, even if itā€™s for fun there is no point in doing that.

1 Like

A tasty beer canā€™t hurt, but when Iā€™m drunk I give away a lot of chips.

3 Likes

RUIā€™s? Replaying under the influence. Mods give tickets for such behavior.

1 Like

Triple Bacardi coming up!
Sorry, I have to cut Polly off, sheā€™s driving.
:wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t by choice. Being a caregiver, you might have to run at any second. I do love the comments though. Honestly, if I did drink, my head would end up on the keyboard pretty quick and replay would definitely sit me out. Enjoy the game friends :beers:

5 Likes