Cruellest poker game

I reckon 7 card stud is the cruellest of poker games, you can watch your beautiful starting hand crumble at a slow pace, like a water torture, I’m talking AAA start and nothing else happens for you as your opponent starts looking like hitting straights, flushes, anything, and your lucks out but its all at a snails pace, brutal.
Anyone else have thoughts on the cruel poker games?

I have a love/hate relationship with Omaha HI/Lo, as I have lost count of the numvber of times I have had a nut flush only to see it smashed to pieces on the river with a full house! Having said that, it is still my favourite game and I really enjoy the new PKO Omaha Hi/lo as I sometimes come away with a consolation prize!

2 Likes

The Dead Man’s Hand has a fascinating history, steeped in the lore of the Wild West. Legend has it that the infamous “Wild Bill” Hickok was playing either five-card stud or five-card draw when he met his untimely demise. His hand consisted of aces and eights, specifically the ace of spades and the ace of clubs, along with the same suits for the eights

(May 27, 1837 – August 2, 1876)

1 Like

Grew up playing 7 card stud and when an older kid playing my quarters, learned very quick discipline and patience was the key. And to consider every hand, is the risk worth the reward?

1 Like

I truly miss the great game of 5 card draw, great game to learn Poker and fast play. Maybe will see it being re-invented at replaypoker.com