7 Card Stud: Logistics Question

Capture

I know I could Google this, but where’s the fun in that? I want to hear from my fellow poker sharks at Replay Poker.

Here’s my burning question. When I fold at the start of a hand, are the cards that I see going to the player to my left the ones I would have gotten if everyone else stayed in the round?

Inquiring minds, etc.

I think the 1st one is. The next goes to his left, then left of that, and so on.

At least I think that’s what happens.

1 Like

There may not be much potential for a rich discussion. Feel free to lead us astray! lol I think I was looking for a reason to lament my decision to fold. :slight_smile: If I see the card I would have gotten, I can lash myself with a wet noodle and it will be appropriate, if the card’s a winner.

1 Like

I’m glad you’ve brought this up because I’ve wondered what my hand would’ve been after I’ve folded. And, it doesn’t have to be at the start of the hand. I can only get as far as the first card as @SunPowerGuru mentioned.

I think we’re accustomed to saying, “Doh!” when we fold our hole cards, and it turns out we had a full house if only we’d had the courage (lol) to hang in there! In 7 Card we don’t have the opportunity to lament what would have been, could have been, should have been, so our self-loathing can have some validity.

Imagine dealing to six piles, and dealing every 7th card face up. You will see the face up card advances from pile to pile. So this is what happens when one drops out… the cards they would have gotten advance around the table in the same way.

1 Like

So, when I drop out, the really awful card I didn’t want to be dealt to me will go to the next guy. Cool! :wink:

2 Likes