A Trivial Fold or nah?

[https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/1110653576]

I had A8 with the ace of spades. I now have notes on this player, but this was the first time we’d tangled.

Absent any player-specific reads, I felt like this is probably a fold. All the 2pairs are part of a normal single-raised pot range (67, 68, 78), as are both straights (45, 9T). Even the bluffs, like flush draws, 9x, 5x, and combos of the above, are not in terrible shape against my hand.

Most importantly the bet is huge relative to the pot, meaning villain is repping the hands that have me crushed/practically drawing dead.

I also have plenty of better hands here in my range—I would play 66, 77, 88, 54 and 9T the same way (raise pot pf).

Anyone disagree?

1 Like

For my play, I think a call would have been in order instead of a large preflop raise :slight_smile:

1. That is not a “large” preflop raise :slight_smile:
  2. I’m not limping in late position with pretty much anything, nor should you be <3
1 Like

Maybe not a large raise in that situation and the later fold acceptable, for you. Not everyone, plays the same (strategy) every hand exactly how you or someone else does. You play very well, keep it up & gl at the tables :smiley: