Who is watching?

One must also consider that in the moment players are out of a tourney, they become spectators. By muting them, they would not have the opportunity to answer the compliments or expressions of parting (like “gg”, “see you soon” etc.) of the other players, or to exchange with them a few last words.

3 Likes

We don’t have any plans to keep spectators from chatting. We DO want players to have the power to mute spectators, though.

7 Likes

Or do you ???

1 Like

sounds like the best option to me,
that way anyone who like to chat is free to do so. and the people that dislike it can mute it for themself only

IMHO Watching a table before i sit down it great, I rarely say anything unless I see someone I know. Muting them is a good option, but if that distracts you from your game maybe you should quit reading their comments and ignore them.
Just pay attention to those that are seated, if someone’s saying things that distract you it’s rude by you have the ability to ignore them if you choose too.
People are getting upset to easy nowadays we all need thicker skin and a slippery back it does help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So true.

2 Likes

I may choose to have a thick skin, or I may not. It largely depends on the degree of offensiveness. Some players (and they are a very small minority) are more interested in the angry social aspects of the game than the game itself.

I certainly will not tolerate rude behavior from railbirds and if reporting insulting comments from them annoys other players who think I should be more “Thick-skinned”, TOO BAD! I reported a railbird the other day for chastising and insulting ALL the players at the table. For a while I switched to notes, but when I switched back to check a winning hand, the rude player was all fingers and quite demeaning. I then filed a complaint.

Even if sensitivity varies from one person to another, there are intolerable degrees of offensiveness and rudeness which need to be reported. Nobody’s arguing with that.

It’s the over-sensitiveness and the reporting of the silliest and least offensive behavior that is becoming a problem.

Luckily, either way, reports are very well investigated by RP before any action is taken. Anybody can report anything when they feel like it, but only the valid offenses are acted upon fairly.

2 Likes

My longtime heroine helping those who are ‘overly-woke’-

4 Likes

OMG, I love this. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I WILL forward it.

1 Like

Will I still be able to play on my PC when you move to HTML5. I don’t know what that involves.
I’m still running Vista HP.

As long as you keep your browser updated, it will likely run even better than Flash!

1 Like

Nothing will update any longer. But, I hate to give it up, as it works so well. I have a crap cleaner which still works on it. And can communicate.
Thank you for the reply, replay!

Fizzymint has the best idea about spectators. the players at the table should be able to mute them. I have encountered some really annoying people, who don’t allow the players who are playing to communicate with one another