Puzzlers and Games

Tisdag

Day

Today

Poki65 has the right idea, but tues is not a word…

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? "

Tuesday. I said that as tisdag because you said Sweden.

Germans needed to find a english word, lol

I’m sure now the word is suet

Online dictionary helped me

I’m still trying to find the relevance of the clues in the puzzle ???

They each have the letters of the day they represent, just mixed up.

Sweden (Wednesday), hurts (Thursday), fir (etc. etc.), sutra, sun, nom

2 Likes

Thank you. So the last word I would imagine, an abbreviation for Tuesday. That was an odd puzzle :jigsaw: I can see why only 2 people participated.

How about that woodchuck :joy: ?

this was sent to me by my 12 year old niece - tested my grey matter somewhat !

Cannibals ambush a safari in the jungle and capture three men. The cannibals give the men a single chance to escape uneaten.

The captives are lined up in order of height, and are tied to stakes. The man in the rear can see the backs of his two friends, the man in the middle can see the back of the man in front, and the man in front cannot see anyone. The cannibals show the men five hats. Three of the hats are black and two of the hats are white.

Blindfolds are then placed over each man’s eyes and a hat is placed on each man’s head. The two hats left over are hidden. The blindfolds are then removed and it is said to the men that if one of them can guess what color hat he is wearing they can all leave unharmed.

The man in the rear who can see both of his friends’ hats but not his own says, “I don’t know”. The middle man who can see the hat of the man in front, but not his own says, “I don’t know”. The front man who cannot see ANYBODY’S hat says “I know!”

How did he know the color of his hat and what color was it?

2 Likes

[spoiler] If the man in the back saw two white hats in front of him, he knew, that he would wear a black hat. But he states, that he does not know: The two hats in front of him are not both white.

So the the man in the middle knows, that he and the guy in front of him are either wearing both black hats or mixed-coloured hats. If the guy in front of him wore a white hat, the guy in the middle would know, that it is the mixed-hat-scenario. Then he could conclude, that he wears a black hat. But obviously he cannot conclude that.

So the front-man knows that he is not wearing a white hat.

He must be wearing a black hat.[/spoiler]

Thanks for the headache while I tried to figure it out
The guy at the back didn’t see the 2 white hats or he would have known he had a black hat. He has to say “I don’t know”. He could see either 2 black hats or 1 black & 1 white. One of the white hats is no longer available.
Middle guy has a black/black, white/black choice. As he doesn’t see the other available white hat he has to say “I don’t know”.
I think the 2 white hats are gone so the person in front must have a black hat.

both correct - the front / middle cannot both be white hats as the back would know his is black ,

If the middle saw the front was white he would know his was black as there were not two white hats - he didn’t know so the front hat must be black .

2 Likes

Yay :grinning:

You are out hiking in the wilderness and get attacked by a bear. You run a mile south, 2 miles west and a mile north, end up where you started, but successfully escape the bear.

What color was the bear?

1 Like

White And I would be bear food because there is no way I could run 4 miles

2 Likes

Both parts of your answer are correct, well done.

2 Likes

What is a white bear ? A polar bear ?

2 Likes

Yes, a polar bear. One can only make those movements and end up back at the starting point if they are at the north pole.

2 Likes