OnTilt? What do you do?

Hello, today I had a situation that every poker player knows. Suddenly I was “OnTilt”, I made the (usually) stupid decision and went to the table with almost all my chips, but I was lucky and had more chips than before.

What do you do to calm down when you realize that you are in such a situation?

1 Like

Get off the tables, sit back, have a beer and enjoy some Scandinavian melodic death metal for a while.

2 Likes

Agree totally except for your choice of “relaxing music” :rofl:

3 Likes

Metal may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it can be really relaxing. Some songs by Haggard (a German medieval metal band) for example, classical instruments, a beautiful female voice and an aggressive male voice, alternating between speed, upbeat, calming, that harmonizes very well. But you have to like it, otherwise it’s just unpleasant noise.

Patience, patience, patience-if u know your on tilt that is good, getting to go on tilt is bad:).

3 Likes

P.S. IF u know your on tilt—STOP playing, take a nice long break and come back tomorrow…gl

1 Like

Just click here…
Tilt Strategy 2024 by ChinoD

1 Like

This music is fantastic! I like this soothing style. I think I will listen to this while I play. Good for deep concentration and staying calm.

1 Like

Hi, count up or down to 10. Work on breathing slowly, start folding all hands, pause, get up, take a walk, quit for a time, laugh, shout, etc, when chat turned off, when not late at night. Do whatever have to do to stop playing, stop tilting, etc, as tilt is bad for winning.

Also a trick to defeat tilt is to realize that statistical anomalies, absurdities in life, poker happen when play poker enough, etc. Also eliminate feelings of unrealistic expectations, demands, entitlement, etc, as if do that then will probably get frustrated, angry, tilted less.

Also if do get tilted, have the will discipline that even if continue to play while tilted, that you still fold hands like 72 UTG, do the things, play like you should, and dont play the way that should not play, etc.

It takes time, practice work, and always room for more time, practice, work, improvement.

And none of us are perfect.

And it can be done.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Sometimes, someone opening 72o from UTG, and hitting a flush with a suit that matches neither of my aces, is the reason i go on tilt to begin with.

2 Likes

I’ve now also had another idea, I’ve started to make a video poker app, if I’m ever on tilt again, I can let off steam with it. A few more hours of work and then I can test it.

R U M

Bomb Out :roll_eyes: go watch the grass grow and come back.