Error in ring game point formula

i accidently found something called ring game points and out of curiousity i clicked it to see what it means, it brought me to the help part of replay which explains what ring game points are. however there is an error in how the formula is explained:

this is the link:
https://help.replaypoker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017427114-Ring-Game-Leaderboards

this is the error:
For example:

If you play 25 hands and win 1,090 chips at a 50/100 table, you earn 31 ring game points.

• 25 hands with 3 players or more dealt in = 25 points.

• 10.9 Big blinds profit earns you (11 x 0.2) points = 5.5. (6*). - Wins are rounded up.

• 25+6=31 ring game points

there are two theoretical situations in there, the first one has a wrong calculation.
the main part is that where the win is explained they mention 11 x 0,2 = 5,5 (6) which is wrong and should be 11x 0,2 = 2,2 (3).
this part also affects the overall calculation because it makes the total 28 instead of 31

there is also a minor error in this phrase:

• You score 1 point for every 5 Big Blinds won or lost in the session.

this phrase suggests you will always score points by investing more BB’s, no matter if you win or lose. a better way would be “you win or lose 1 point for every 5 big blinds won or lost in the session”

hope this helps,
yiazmat

4 Likes