Add VPIP and PFR to individual statistics?

This would be useful.

As a poker stats novice , what are those and how can they help me? (Legitimately don’t know even what the acroyms stand for.) Thanks

2 Likes

I have no idea either, however after a look up, it is:)

VPIP stands for “voluntarily put $ into the pot”
PFR is an abbreviation that stands for “pre-flop raise.”

I don’t see this helping me here at replay as a recreational player here for fun. However it may be beneficial for some.

GL and have fun at the tables, all

2 Likes

Tons of players in here do a preflop raise already. Including bingos, so I don’t really think it would make much of a difference. For me anyway.

They can tell you a reasonable amount about other players with only a fairly small sample, but they’re not all that useful for diagnosing leaks in your own game.

If you’re playing against someone you don’t know, having their VPIP/PFR percentages would give you a pretty good indications of whether they’re recreational or potentially a more studied opponent. They can also give you a fair bit of information about what someones preflop ranges might look like without having to see a bunch of hands go to showdown.

For improving ones own play, you only need to focus on your preflop range. The VPIP/PFR percentages just follow from that, and you don’t really need to worry about what they are.

1 Like

How would you find it useful? Have you seen this statistic somewhere?

This would not be useful for me. But thanks @siler_s for the question and curious if it would be for others, on replay.

Thanks to e1 for the comments. If these stats were publicly available per player, it would give you an immediate read on how aggressive or passive the player is, but that’s not what I was asking for. I would just like to see them for myself to see if I am playing optimally, since winning players usually have a tight gap between their VPIP and their PFR, and this is a stat that could easily be added, but is hard to calculate by yourself.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

:rofl:

I understand calling them BINGO players, however I prefer climbers. They have a different agenda, not interested in bank but want to accumulate enough chips for bigger stakes mostly. I have followed them to bigger stakes (Acropolis of Athens eg.). I change my pic and go in and hunt them. Great sport.