Windows 10 new update

You might want to wait a few days to install the new update.
I’m on a fast PC and they usually take less than 5 minutes or so but for this one I stared at the screen that read “restarting” for about 15 minutes.
I had a concert to go to anyway so I left it and came back about 3 hours later and nothing had changed.
I forced a shutdown and turned it back on and it finally started the update that lasted about 20 minutes.
Maybe it’s just on my end but had I known all that was going to happen I would have waited a few days.
If you do the update or have done the update and had no problems please post here for others that may decide to hold off.

1 Like

I’ve done the update. Everything is normal. No problems at all.
Must be on your end.

I did the update also and it took forever was about an hour for me and i missed a tourney. :frowning:

I consider that good news…I didn’t mind so much that it took much longer than usual, it was the having to do a forced shut down during an update that concerned me.
I’ve heard of people losing power during a shutdown and later having to do a complete re-installation of Windows.

While I do hope the issue is a one time oddity for me only it looks like I need to do a system restore because it deleted my home network, changed my prefs for some programs and I hear popping sounds in my audio occasionally.
After a restore I’ll try the update again in a few days and report back if it’s problematic again.

Microsoft is ending support for Windows 10 on October 14th, 2025 It will mark just over 10 years since the operating system was first introduced. Microsoft revealed the retirement date for Windows 10 in an updated support life cycle page for the OS.