Who says gg first the winner or the loser?

I really don’t care what you think, every one has their own opinions so, have at it.
not going to argue with you, or give you anymore of my time.

2 Likes

While I mostly agree, they aren’t saying that the game in general was good, they’re saying that the opponent played a good game.

Had they actually played that well, they might not be leaving but, reality aside, it’s just one of those little niceties that some people seem to expect, even though a few will act likt you just accused them of wet-nursing a baby demon.

I don’t think people playing at the highest levels bother much with this sort of thing.

3 Likes

I think you are misinterpreting this nice gesture. Afterall, this is supposed to be and has been a friendly place to relax and have some fun no matter at which level of play.

3 Likes

True vickik, I think I been on that same table w/u, or maybe you and I both have played the same table at different times, and have seen someone shout YESSSSSSSSSS when a person is taken out.
I agree w/u that is a totally rude comment, and have also seen the same person say YESSSSSSSSSS to someone else taking a person out.

1 Like

Or, thanking the loser when no complement or remark was given. GG or NH is friendly. Though, complements for every action, for me, is disingenuous and pretty meaningless.

2 Likes

Yes friendly :slight_smile: everyone has their own way of thinking on this issue.
The reason I say it is because, they did give it a go and tried. I have always said something nice to people wither they go out first 2nd etc… just how I’am.
Take Care, and have a good day.
I myself like hearing GG if I get knocked out early because when I hear it, makes ME feel good, when I hear nothing at all makes me feel kind of bad, think there’s a song in there some where…lol

4 Likes

I hate it when someone kicks your a… on the river and says “sorry”. No one is sorry to win a pot…it’s what we are here TO WIN!Very insincere and it pisses me off lol

3 Likes

Oh me 2, hate when that happens, and yes they are not sorry.

1 Like

The more I read this thread the more I’m reminded of this famous image.

Some people see the dress as white and gold.
Some people see it as black and blue.
Each will claim with absolute certainty that they’re right and the other is wrong.

Some people see GG as a comment on their experience of the game. When I see someone say GG I take it to mean “It was a pleasant experience.” It would be gracious of the loser to say this, implying that despite losing they are parting with good feelings and no animosity towards their opponent. It would also be awkward for the winner to say this first under this particular interpretation.

Some people take GG to be a comment on the quality of their opponents play. Where GG means “you played well and lost, sorry about that.” In which case it’s appropriate and sportsmanlike to say this to your opponent as the winner.

If we assume the best intentions of all, this is how you could interpret a mutual exchange of GG between winner and loser, with winner going first.

Winner: gg (translation: you played well)
Loser: gg (translation: it was fun, see you later)

Though I don’t like saying GG first as the winner because of what I take the expression to mean, I try to assume anyone saying it to me means well.

PS The dress is white, anyone who says it’s black is a Satan worshipping heretic

3 Likes

Contemplate the original question for a moment then ask yourself does it really matter who say’s GG first?

1 Like

ummm no it don’t matter who says it first, i never said it did.
You need to go back to the original poster of the thread for that one.

2 Likes

Does it make you go on Tilt?

Thanks, I’ll try and remember this.

I sometimes say, “sorry” if I sucked out on the river or something. I’m not literally all that sorry, at least not so sorry that I would want the hand nullified, but I understand that getting coolered isn’t fun. Saying sorry acknowledges that.

And I am sorry to make a bad call and win by stupid luck. I get over it and bounce back pretty fast, but am ever so slightly sorry when I say I am.

3 Likes

Smooth,i t go on tilt because someone offers an insincere sorry. Like i said we are all here to win the game and to say sorry for winning a hand is silly…
GL at the tables !

Zona79, I’m sorry my post was not intended to be a direct reply or criticism of your post. It was intended to be a general response to the original question. Peace out…

1 Like

No problem all is good, no apologies necessary.

3 Likes

gg i use it and
nh
wp
wd
ty
yw
and sometimes i will go short hand if a player gives a t i will reply w
i feel gg as a reply or comment is a plus to the game .
as well as tc and next time . :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s courteous no matter who says it first.

1 Like

If they actually had a good hand, I’ll say vnh, well played, or something along those lines. If they suck out, or call a large raise with hole cards they shouldn’t play, I don’t say anything.

1 Like

I’m colourblind, and the dress is clearly pink.