Who do you find more irritating?

agreed. does it really take the entire timer to decide to fold 25?

1 Like

No, I don’t need 25 seconds, 24 is often enough for me.

2 Likes

People who take their shoes off under the table and their feet stink!

2 Likes

Good one.

There are two set of people, one gets good cards, other gets the rest. Former gets irritated with latter, “why are they whining all the time”, Latter gets irritated with former, “Why can’t they get through such a simple fact”.

The “rigged” players often eventually make the kind of mistakes that are usually easy to take advantage of with minimal risk. There’s more variance involved trying to take advantage of a bingo player while they still have chips, so i’d say the bingo player is more likely to be irritating, but both are always welcome!

You know what is more irritating when players are complaining about the way that you are betting, play the way you play and I’ll play the way I feel comfortable of playing. And Porcupine you are a irritating guy.

Pretty much agree with that.

As for players who play ‘bingo’ poker, there’s a lot (of chips) to be gained if you know how to play them… which is basically play the good hands you get and sit tight otherwise.

3 Likes

The lagging complainer is the most irritating to me. Doesn’t matter if the player is “skilled” or what you want to call a “Bingo” player. In my opinion, I do not care how skilled you are, or think you are. No one can predict accurately what the next card, or set of cards will be. Poker is gambling. You take risks. You bet on what you have in front of you AND on what you HOPE comes up next. Bottom line, plain and simple. Skilled players are better at knowing when to hold and fold, Bingo players play “odds are” . IF you are good, IF you are a really good poker player, You play both skill sets and you don’t cry when the “Dirty river” sinks your boat! This is just my opinion, take it or leave it. I’m gonna go play cards. LOL

5 Likes

I wonder if the player who buys a pile if chips and wastes them is a fair playing ground to the player who wins his chips the skilled way.

1 Like

Cats irritate me to no end.

I heard a crash last night, and got up to find my stupid cat had knocked my 40" 4k monitor off my desk. It’s completely trashed, gone, broken beyond all hope.

I ordered a new 43" 4k monitor, but it won’t be here until Thursday! I’m reduced to using this sub-standard 27" mini-monitor until then, ugh.

So the most irritating thing is trying to poker on a screen where the cards are smaller than actual card-size. It makes them look almost “cute,” and I abhor cuteness.

3 Likes

Hi geezer1090, Welcome to the Forum!

1 Like

i find the comments very interesting. A good mix of ideas.

1 Like

Thank you Tiandra

1 Like

6 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Does not make a lot of difference, I think. I have NEVER bought chips, preferring to work my way up the ladder. I think that way you value your chips MORE as you cannot just play loose and buy some more if you go broke.

I see that the current best discount rate for chips is that you get 3.5 million for $100. I would think that means that anytime you are playing people who have more than that amount, then you are probably playing against people who are chip winners.

Otherwise there is no way you can tell if people have bought chips or won them, but I would think there are very few people who would buy more than 3.5 million chips at a time, since there would be no point and there is only one tournament with a buy-in greater than that amount, and with 3.5 million chips you could buy into a pretty good ring game–not that there would be any point buying in for 3.5 million. Why pay $100 to buy into a game where you can easily lose all your money, but never win any money no matter how well you play when you could pay for free or much less money?

Also, if you win play chips, there is no market to sell them. At the present time I have winnings of about $4,000 but will never be able to cash out!

People who have less than 3.5 million are probably net chip losers or else they are up and coming free players, so it should be easy to take the chips that have been paid for and add them to your chip stack.

Of course if you take people’s chips too quickly, they may prefer to play with someone else.

I NEVER needed to buy chips but did. I’m sure you are proud of the fact you have never bought chips.

So you bought chips that you did not need just so that you could donate money to RP? Well, that is very altruistic and good for you!

Yes I do. Buying chips keeps the site available for freeloaders like yourself.

Well, thanks. But what do you really know about the financial status of the site? Why does the site give me 2500 free chips every day to add to the 150 million that I have already won? Evidently the site positively WANTS to encourage people to play without buying chips, otherwise they would DEDUCT chips every day.

I can’t say I pretend to know anything about the finances of the site, but frequently free Web sites start by developing a huge base of users, then find ways to monetize that base, and then are sold for vast amounts of money.

In any case, I donate free copy to these forums, so that is something.

1 Like