Which top ten player is the best?

Come on now… We all know that I am the best.
Btw, this time seriously. I don’t know what the level of play is within the top 10 players, but here around 1-2-3 thousands it is pretty weak. I get in the top 3 of MTTs about 30% of the time.

best player
i have to go with the obvious answer, which is idiotplayer. not cuz shes nr 1 but because of what i’ve seen. quite a while ago (bout a year i think) i’ve played a few ring games on the same table and recognised a far superior skill level with her, which includes superior even to some of the other top 10 players. at that time she was still ranked 6th or 7th ish. i already expected she would become 1st once at that time.

potential best players
maybe not top 10, but i also remember another player i played several times a bunch of months ago called blackwidow, iirc shes ranked somewhere in the top 200. however i think she could easily become a top 10 player as well, maybe even top 3.

i’ve read about a player called enryu in different topics. i don’t have seen him play myself, but from what i read he’s probably a very good player as well

as for some other players, on the forums there are also some very skilled players imo. the best ones ive seen are joedirk, 1warlock, wannabecoder and love2eattacos. all very likely to be top 10 material imo as well if they want to.

First of all who tf is Nobluff its NoBluf, and I would have to go with him. He is just great all around.

P.S. Ilovecat play me heads-up u dummy

btw @ValueFish I will play you HU if i ever catch you online, if intrested add me :slight_smile: For the question you asked vs bad opponents just exploit them if they play to much hands play tight and raise big, if they are super tight play agressive and fold to their aggresion. Try to get chips in vs weak players when you are really strong and bluff less.

1 Like

Depends on your definition of “best.” Are we talking raw profitability on Replay, profitability in a mix of games, theoretical knowledge of the game, innate poker ability, speed of progression, etc? I reckon the answer would be different depending on the definition.

To me, the best player would not only have the deepest theoretical knowledge of the game, but also be able to apply that knowledge to any game (live/online, high/low stakes, play/real chips) to achieve maximum profitability. In this case, no one is definitively the best.

What I can say for sure though is that the answer is definitely not 8 or 9 for any of these definitions.

3 Likes

Thank You! You described me very well. I am glade there is something we both concur!

I will, that’s nice of you. I’ve seen you’re dutch, I am myself too :slight_smile:

Tot ziens misschien :wink:

1 Like

I would like the rankings to include more info, like BB won per 100 hands or chips won per hand, or even total number of hands played so I could figure it for myself.

I play the O8 games and today I played an hour and the biggest game I could get in was 2k/4k so comparing chips against people that regularly have access to 50k/100k games or play lots of hours or have been on this site for 10 years is pretty silly.

As for who is best, when I do read these posts I have noted Cat seems to make the most on-point observations about poker. Which of course does not mean he is best, but it doesn’t hurt.