When somebody offends you or gives you a bad beat there should

be a way on here to challenge them to a heads up match…play or admit to being a cat.

There is a way - Message them while in the game (click on their name and choose the message (small cloud) option and send them a “challenge” for a heads up match. Or, friend request them and then arrange a challenge.

2 Likes

Public challenge…

Call them out…

“When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don’t blame the lettuce. You look for reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like the lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and argument. That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding. If you understand, and you show that you understand, you can love, and the situation will change.” Thich Nhat Hanh

5 Likes

You should probably stick to Old Maid…

You should probably get a little more respectful of folks; I see a lot of your negativity.

You have 30 million more chips than me so I should be the underdog. But I have you by 30 years so that gives me an advantage.

One of these days we will learn who should really be playing Old Maid. Come play some SnGs Medium. I have been known to play High also. We will get around to it I am sure.

Scratch

4 Likes

We have played a lot of sngs together…how about heads up for a mil ?

One game at a Mil makes both players silly. Sorry, I wouldn’t play one game. But would love it if you committed to 60 or 90 games in a month. High SnG is only 60 games. Medium is a few more, 90 games. At 50K per game you will be spending 4.5 Mil. Or play 100K per game and play 60 games. That is 6 Mil. And if you are as good as your bank suggests you are you will win 3 or 4 mil plus some hefty bonuses.

Scratch

2 Likes

I am sorry but you have not irritated me enough for that kind of commitment.

1 Like

Good. Then you will appreciate my Buddhist monk’s words even more: “Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything - anger, anxiety, or possessions - we cannot be free.” Thich Nhat Hanh

Scratch

1 Like

First round to the itchy one… Well played Sir

1 Like

As they say at the table Scratch–wp

1 Like

Or to put more simply, acceptance is the answer…

You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. And the next step, as Eminen wrote is to “lose yourself.” Then you will find your bliss.

Scratch

1 Like

actually acceptance of the world around us and the people in it is gist of my point

1 Like

Good point. More from my monk: “Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don’t even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child - our own two eyes. All is a miracle.”

1 Like

Or, life boils down to standing in line to get ■■■■ dropped on your head. Everyone’s got a place in the queue, you can’t get out of it, and just when you start to congratulate yourself on surviving your dose of ■■■■, you discover that line is actually circular.”

Scott Lynch’s words remind me of JD Salinger’s: “It’s everybody, I mean. Everything everybody does is so — I don’t know — not wrong, or even mean, or even stupid necessarily. But just so tiny and meaningless and — sad-making. And the worst part is, if you go bohemian or something crazy like that, you’re conforming just as much only in a different way,” from Franny and Zooey.

1 Like

All those things you listed , Is bluffing in there too ? I’ve had a few or more home games at some Catholic priest’s retirement homes. They say they never bluff… But really, how you gonna believe them as they fleece you. They did fork up some pretty good wine most the time from there stash of exceptional gifts …
This is one of those not kidding stories.

1 Like