When does your ranking change?

I just took fourth in a million chip tournament. When will that change my ranking?

1 Like

Soon…

Welcome to the forum Grandpa 72!
I will try to give you a slightly more informative reply!
Your ranking changes due to many things, not just placing high in a tournament as this depends on how many other people have been winning at the same time, and also your rank can go up if lots of other people have lost huge sums and fallen below your rank.
If someone has purchased a massive amount of chips then this, of course, can also increase their ranking, and the number of players on the tables and playing, each accumulating chips, can also make a difference.
In short, just keep on playing and winning and you are bound to see yourself move up the rankings!

Congrats on moving up in your ranking overnight. That was (soon ) :+1:t2:

1 Like

If there’s one thing wrong with the rating system is that you can buy your way up the list. I understand that RP needs chip buyers but I wish there was a way to make the rankings reflect true winnings vs. chip buying, and for that matter minus the daily bonus as well.

2 Likes

A little off topic, but reading this made me think it would be nice to be able to opt out of the daily bonus, also.

1 Like

I started logging my own results manually purely because the daily bonus was making it awkward to see if I was actually winning long term or not.

Does the ranking change right after you go out of a tournament or at some specific time of day, like midnight?

I think they recalculate ranks once a day, or maybe a few times a day.

1 Like

To actually answer your question Grampa, usually after midnight in your time zone.

1 Like

I am not positive this is a criteria for increasing your rank but I was told the level of the players you compete against and beat can also effect your ranking in a positive way. For instance if you are ranked at 1000 and win a tourney vs players in the 500 to 750 range that would help your rating.

1 Like