What's more important than poker?

This is something I’ve been thinking about.

Recently, my father was in the hospital and my mom needed someone to stay overnight while he was away. She is not used to sleeping in an empty house. I told her I would.

I haven’t been on much since then. The time over the last few days i’ve spent with her have been some of the happiest moments in my life.

There is nothing wrong with poker marathons on Replay. I am thankful they provide a nice place for someone to enjoy the company of like minded players enjoying the game we love.

But what in your life is more important than poker?

For me, it’s time spent with family.

I’d really like to know what yours is. Thanks for reading and spending some time with me.

11 Likes

everything

4 Likes

My faith, my family, my friends.

Poker is a distraction from the trials and tribulations we go thru in life. Glad it’s available.

6 Likes

HoboSoup and Craig have said it all. Drop the mic on this thread!

2 Likes

Faith, Honor, Family, Texas, Friends, Horses, Miller Lite

2 Likes

Texas and Miss Lilly :cowboy_hat_face:

Breakfast… And make sure it’s favourite stuff. It fuels the magic of the day, the joy or pain, the tears or giggles, the chores and bores, and the love and harmony. And when today is over, we all want to start again. A new day, a new host of challenges and breakfast. Now please

Bugger off the lot of youse, and don’t come back until I’ve finished my breakfast.

OoooHhh… You’re still here.! Cant a man have his breakfast in peace. Come back in 10 when I’ve finished and I’ll answer the question.
1…
2…
3…
4…
5…
6…
7…
8…
9…

Whats more important than poker?
Breakfast

1 Like

MANY things, poker is a good way to get away from the stress of life sometimes for me

4 Likes

I’ve found over the years riding a motorcycle takes your mind off everything, the only thing important is what’s in front of you, if you don’t, your off. Sort of meditation in a way that all bikers know. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Live to ride, ride to live

3 Likes

For me, right now, what’s more important than poker is remodeling my home. I am a tradesman, retired 3 years ago as a residential construction manager. I have built literally thousands of Homes not only as a manager but hands on as my first trade was Masonry then Became a rough framer for 25 years, basically 40 years of hard labor BUT, I have never had so much fun building something that is for myself, showcasing my skills it took a lifetime to acquire. I can’t wait to get out there every day, 8 months now ! lots of brick and concrete work, the creativity is just flowing. Plus I like the commute LOL. It all started with replacing a faulty receptacle. I just kept going.

• List item
3 Likes

My husband and his ability to love my poker addiction.

4 Likes

A long walk in the early morning hours admiring Nature and thanking God for my blessings.

3 Likes

My wife:)

6 Likes

Family and everyone that u loved , faith , creating memories in tour , breakfast)

2 Likes
  1. Faith
  2. Family and friends (and all of us being healthy so we can enjoy experiences together).
  3. Great food and even better desserts. :yum: :cake:
3 Likes

2 Likes

It seems hard to rank the components of life, and certainly poker fits in there somewhere as a nice part of a fulfilling life. What things will usually be a higher priority than poker, at least for me?

• Family
  • Friends
  • Career
  • Physical Health
  • Mood/Mental Health
  • Safety
  • Sleep
  • Travel
  • Food
3 Likes

Great list :+1:t2: some use poker as a recreational tool, some as a therapeutic tool. Anyway that you use it, if it is beneficial to you I say enjoy it and get the utmost benefit from it.

Be good to yourself in this short life…

3 Likes