What's Better: Let the cards win, or bluff the win?

I’ve noticed!

2 Likes

True. Bluffing is practically worthless with play chips as people will see call or see the flop with anything. Real money is a different story.

2 Likes

I play exclusively in tournaments, and you cannot get enough good cards to win tournaments without bluffing, but there are many types of bluff, like even a preflop raise is a type of bluff, and just checking your AA in the BB is a kind of bluff. Poker is a game of deception and you need to frequently misrepresent your hand so that opponents cannot read you. Remember that even the most frequent bluffer picks up AA just as often as you do.

You also need to develop a sense for which opponents will fold to what bluffs. Opponent raises from early position, you call from the BB with trash. Flop comes 77x. Not terribly likely that early raiser holds a 7, but entirely possible from his point of view that you in BB hold something like 8 7 suited. The flop has completely missed you, but do you bet at the pot to make him fold? How much? How often do you do this? Is this opponent likely to reraise you if he has an overpair? Is your table image that of a tight player?

That is what poker is all about.

6 Likes

Well articulated (as ever!). Thank you. Very good advice.

1 Like

Well stated, riverwhacked. Welcome to the Forum. Come again soon!

1 Like

Hey JC#1. My favor riverwhacker…lol. (of course you know I never bluff)

3 Likes

I do know this. You never bluff–which is the best bluff ever. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have played over 41,000 hands and I have caught a person bluffing 3 times. A person always has the cards to back up his-her bet. Bluffing simply doesn’t work on a non money table because if a person loses, so what, it didn’t cost him anything. Patience waiting for decent cards is one way to take the gamble out, but people that go all in every hand have big totals too. I guess it’s whatever works for you.

3 Likes

Evryone bluffs but not from start!!

3 Likes

I very seldom bluff, I would rather see the cards reveal themselves as a bud on a flower opening in the morning sunlight.

4 Likes

Hahahahahaha, hahahahaha

1 Like

I bluff alot but I dont bluff at all. Well sometimes I do and alot of times I dont, I really like to bluff so I do bluff alot but most of the time im never bluffing but I never do bluff until I bluff but I dont bluff so I just play my cards until I bluff but I really dont bluff. So I dont bluff at all but I will bluff most of the time but most of the time i never bluff but i do bluff alot.

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me.

1 Like