What's A Saying Kids Nowadays Will Never Know?

I’ll start.

“Get off the internet I need to make a phone call!”

The days in the early 2000’s of Dial Up internet. Heard that saying a lot as a kid!

-Marc

4 Likes

“A Penny saved is a Penny earned” now it’s like a ten dollar bill LOL

3 Likes

where’s my timing light?
what’s the gap for this plug?
give it some choke
makeout knob
what UHF channel are you watching?
good weather tonight, i can get wls on the radio
spooning
nothing good happens after midnight
mind your p’s and q’s

4 Likes

I’ll return with my shield or on it.

4 Likes

It’s your turn to fill the inkwells

4 Likes

Don’t cross your eyes or they’ll stay like that !

3 Likes

“Where’s the beef ?” , “Time to make the donuts” , “Blue meanies” , “sit on it” , “wait till your father gets home” , “you don’t know what you don’t know” , “the world needs ditch diggers too” , " if you’re going to live here you have to start paying rent AND take out the trash" , “We need more cowbell”

3 Likes

“ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your caps for the singing of our national anthem”

5 Likes

The phone is ringing, someone grab it before they hang up!

6 Likes

Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing!
Second place is the first loser!
Winners don’t quit and quitters don’t win.
Suck it up buttercup, they ain’t no participation trophies in life!

6 Likes

What BBS’s are you on ?

3 Likes

If your friends jump off a cliff does that mean you will too?

3 Likes

My parents said a dollar saved is a dollar earned! Wow I am young – lol think I am older than you

Dad said speak softly and carry a big stick!

2 Likes

Shuuush! Adults are speaking now. — translation… Shut up brat or we going to the woodshed
Change the record …translation… Stop the whining. We already know

1 Like

My Dad said the same thing :+1:t2::joy:

You should know it’s 2 o’clock because Mickey’s big hand is on the 12 and his little hand is on the 2!

5 Likes

When I was your age we walked 5 miles to school in 6 feet of snow.

5 Likes

Uphill both ways!

4 Likes

Hah, Craig and Run-1, you must’ve been city kids. We did that just to get on the school bus–we still had to ride for a hour to get to the school out in the wilds of New Jersey. Worse, the farthest we could take a radio for music was to the end of an extension cord–there were no transistors, yet. When you heard that rare word “digital,” it had to do with someone’s fingers, not adding machines. Digital exams were something doctors did behind closed doors, and they were not fun. I might be exaggerating a little about the bus ride.

5 Likes

“Just because it’s a party line doesn’t mean you can listen in when it’s not your call.” (Who remembers that admonition?!)

7 Likes