What would you do in this situation?

my vote goes to option E: fold pre and leave the table. might as well put the buy-in towards a charitable cause at this rate

1 Like

Itā€™s so weird to see so many ā€œgamblersā€ unwilling to put their money on something that is 95% guaranteed to win. Many excellent players would even go all in on much smaller odds than that.

4 Likes

@miri123 @yiazmat @Maya

This is a poker discussion on a theoretical situation and not a quiz, just a topic for debate, we are most interested in your views on the strategy, there is no definitive answer.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. Your previous post was proposed as a quiz and had an answer at the end.

2 Likes

thanks for the information.

this was my thought as well.
i saw the title was different but since the 2 previous questions were the same idea i assumed this one would be like them, my mistake :slight_smile:.

id reraise and if raised just call and take my medicine

2 Likes

You have a full house. Since a substantial bet was made you could call to play it safe or double the bet. However I have had a similar hand and lost because the other player also had a full house but a higher one than mine. I would double the bet but then I am not an all in kind of person. Take care. Cher37854

I would have called.

I would certainly re-raise

bet pot size

I donā€™t think I would be playing pocket 4s anyway, unless I was in BB in not pushed off by a raise.

Having just a few minutes ago been knocked out of a tournament holding a flush, loosing to a higher flush for the 3rd time this week, and having a history of my small 3 of a kind being busted by a straight, a flush, a full house or a higher trips on the river, I would have tried to take the pot down on the flop by making a sizeable raise. I have lost way too many pots trying to slow play small trips.

When the second ten hits the table, and you get a substantial bet, I would most definitely try to take the pot down with a raise. If that failed I would keep the pot as small as I could the rest of the way.

If however I got to the end as in the case above, I would just call. There is no reason to raise as you may well be beat, but your are too good to fold. If you go all in, and have them beat, they will probably fold and if they have you beat you will loose it all.

1 Like