What would you do in this river spot? MTT

There are a few facts missing that are relevant. Since this is a MTT how many players started and how many left? I think the best takeaway is fundamental. Raising with 56 suited UTG is not a solid play. When you are first to act you need strong hands and a willingness to fold any hand that doesn’t flop 2 pair or better. As far as the math goes there was almost nothing you could do to win with this holding given the flop. I would assume a range of hands you would hold raising 3k 3xBB UTG, A10 KQ QJ 77 88 99 I would look to my notes and if I had LAG noted I might assume a wider range ARag middle suited connectors 66 55 44 33 22. Villan was correct in calling 3k with AQs middle position, I would have reraised 3k to test if you made a set or cold called as he did. When the flop comes and he has a 4 flush he needs 1.9-1 to make a correct call. Given that you raise 5k giving him 3-1, comfortable call. You could have shoved with top pair (bad) and he would have made a miss call, you go home. Even a pot bet of 10k gives him 2-1 and a correct call with 2 to come. After the turn he needs a 4-1 to call and the 16k + 25k gives him 2.5-1 but given your aggression he has implied odds of the rest of your stack if you have a set or straight 41k + 20k giving him close enough to 4-1 if he is willing to go bust on a missed flush. So a shove with your straight was your best bet, 36k call to win 61k he makes a mistake (most weak players will) you go home. The best lesson is tighten up starting hand requirements first to act and if you must play 56s UTG just limp, then Villian raises with AQs to narrow the field and you have more information and more chips for later streets. If you would have limped for 1k and maybe called a raise of 3k to 5k from Villan to see the flop you can fold easy to the 4 flush flop and still have 38k to 40k to play another day with a stronger hand. After seeing the hand my notes on you would be LAG R 3x 56s 5T UTG. I would then watch future plays to confirm or deny LAG play, noting other hands and positions played.

woahh that was some serious poker gore. The only player that played their hand well was Yoruoname.
crazy if that is how they play at the nosebleeds on this site lmao I’ve seen better discipline players at 2nl games.

I appreciate your analysis but it is quite 1 dimensional, to start you dont even take account his range or mine you are just going by what you see (the hands). It reminds me of 2003 hand analysis. Nowadays the strategy you recommend does not win you tournaments. Although for beginning players your analysis is really good.

Just remember one thing, strong players will look like idiots/weak to beginning and intermediate players. There is one hand from 2 elite players that really captures my statement and it is one of my favorite hands of all time just for the fact that these 2 players were playing a meta game from a different realm. Garrett Adelstein BOMBS AWAY vs @Andy Stacks Poker 's Deuces ♠ Live at the Bike! - YouTube

To keep it simple, poker is risk. The same thing happened to me today, the other guy
was betting quite a bit and I had 2h one of which was the A and two hearts were on
the table and I went along hoping for a 5th heart and it came on the river so I won.