I sit here pondering, I do that a lot, asking myself that question and wondering what the future holds now, it is difficult to even see or plan for. This year people have been forced to do a lot of pondering throughout the globe in every area of human life.
Personally, a year that started out with terrifying bushfires saw me looking forward to a happy life - having a place to call home finally, the best job I ever had and a bright future ahead that would have involved travelling overseas…being able to afford to do it.
Well that all got slammed like a failed all in bet to an opponent with a Royal Flush…flushed right down the toilet. (did we have enough toilet paper for that one?).
We are now staring at a Christmas that involves isolation, lockdown, families unable to come together or living in a virtual world with them. Then there are those that lost their jobs, their businesses…barely making ends meet to afford Christmas.
However, I like to look at both sides of the coin and problems from every angle - what does this all mean and what is to be gained…if anything from the Royal Flush 2020.
We have been divided as humans by our differences yet here we all are - every one of us affected by the events of 2020. We all have something in common with each other. All experiencing a life in lockdown…forever changed.
This one year should and could define us as a human race - we have a commonality besides being human, we all have our story of this year…those stories, every single one that belongs to every single person is unique…historical, changing the landscape of history and ancestry of families. A global stop sign that changed everyone’s direction at the same time.
I believe there is something in that we could all see as a giant positive we can build on, going forward.
That is what I will take away from this year and I hope everyone else does too.
Through separation can come togetherness.
Blessing and best wishes to all at Replay…may all your futures be bright…like a Sun.
A special thank you to all the gooses in the gaggle more commonly known as Poker Amusement League, you are family and I for one would not have gotten through 2020 without you. Love to all of you.
My 2020 recap is a year of death, destruction, unprecedented financial decline, political divide, the moral fabric of America torn apart. The beginning of 2021 if not half of it will be the same but a have faith in a brighter day And I have faith in you all. I’m beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel
Divided we are none, together we are one !!!
To me, time is like a river.
The water downstream has passed me by, I can’t drink it, can’t splash it, it can’t get me wet. I won’t waste my now dwelling on a then.
Looking upstream, I see more water coming. It will keep coming until it stops. This water may conceal sharks, or mermaids, or treasures, but I will never know which. I won’t waste my now dwelling on an if.
Water surrounds me now. The now water is real, in fact, it’s all that’s real. I splash around like an idiot when the mood strikes me, fight off sharks when I must, play with mermaids when I can.
My recap for 2020? I got wet and enjoyed it.
Speaking of bright Suns…sounds a lot like a dream you had - or was it a vision?
Thinking a life raft might be the best Chrissie pressie for you this year. Us Aussies are all too familiar with sharks among a ton of other predatory foe…being family now I would hate for anything to happen to you while swimming in the rapids. Besides the Mermaids won’t be too happy if they lose their Sun Guru.
See When Mermaids Cry - Eagle Eye Cherry on you tube for your background gift music. Merry Christmas Sunny Sim. xoxo
Eagle-Eye Cherry - When Mermaids Cry (Official Music Video) - YouTube
Sounds like you enjoyed your mushroom tea SPG Hahahahahaha, hahahahaha.
Merry Christmas brother
Life is a challenge, nobody ever said that it would be easy, I take every day as it comes and try to find “something” positive in “every” challenge that I’m presented with, for me… 2020 was/is one of the smaller challenges that I’ve had to face, no use in complaining about it so instead I ask myself “what can I do to improve my part in it all?” …
For me, this year was terrible, this year made my life as difficult as it could be.
Same here…my story alone was one of terror but I will not let it define me…I am heading into 2021 with my unbreakable shield of Love. I wish only the best for everyone. Sending you lots of positive vibes for a better year Smorko. Stay strong and keep your head up. xx
May the New Year bring us together as human beings with one goal and that should be to live in peace.
Take care one and all.
Could have been better, could have been worse…
2020 was a giant magnifying mirror. I saw my flaws blown up in it. I now know where to apply the scalpel, right? Or tweezers at least.
I vote that instead of seeing 2020 as the what the muck year, we refer to it as Royal Flush 2020 for evermore. <3
Here’s a list of comments on 2020 I received this morning in an email:
1. The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.
2. I was so bored I called Jake from State Farm just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.
3. 2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.
4. The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house & their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!
5. This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her dog. It was obvious she thought her dog understood her. I came into my house & told my cat. We laughed a lot.
6. Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
7. Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?
8. This virus has done what no woman has been able to do. Cancel sports, shut down all bars & keep men at home!
9. I never thought the comment, “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6-foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!
10. I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
11. I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to the Backyard. I’m getting tired of the Living Room.
12. Never in a million years could I have imagined I would go up to a bank teller wearing a mask & ask for money. Or, that she would give it to me cheerfully if I did.
Yeah, but… Do you do them Well or Good??